1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phillip Crenwelge- Best Trigger Man Ever!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JoeS, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS TS Member

After going with some great advice I received on this site I recently called Phillip Crenwelge w/ Phillip's Gunsmithing about doing a trigger job for me. I bought a Winchester Super X2 Sporting after handling one and fell in love with it. My only complaint was that $#@% trigger. Otherwise it is an excellent shooting gun. Next to the first Beretta Xtrema I shot it had about the WORST trigger I have ever pulled.....heavy (about 6 3/4 LBS) with lots of creep. It gave me fits the first time I tried it. Well I sent it to Phillip and this gentleman turned it into absolutely the finest trigger I have ever had the pleasure of using. It is now like breaking a thin glass rod and set exactly at 4LBS which is what I wanted. It took him about a month and a half on mine, but I've got plenty of other nice guns, so no problem. It was well worth the wait. Just thought I'd pass this along. He is the best.

http://www.phillipsgunsmithing.com/contact.htm

2. psmorgan

psmorgan TS Member

I took the advice of you guys on here about Phillip and his great trigger work. Now I need to know how to get my trigger back from him. I sent it to him May 7 and still have not got it back.

Steve Morgan

3. Booger Bob

Booger Bob TS Member

He is definitely not the best in my opinion. I sent him a trgger to work on and when I got it back, it had not been changed at all.

Steve...that length of time doesn't surprise me. A friend of mine had the same problem.

Booger

4. psmorgan

psmorgan TS Member

I really don't understand it. How could he be so good sometimes and not others? He sounds like a nice guy on the phone, but I'm getting tired of calling him weekly and listening to another excuse of why I don't have my trigger yet.

The last one (2 Mondays ago) was that UPS was shipping it back to him because they thought it was a gun and I was not a FFL dealer. He said that he should get it back in the next day or so and would ship it back to me right away. That was over a week ago!

Would anybody out there want to call him for me this week? His number is 210-313-5988. He doesn't answer when I call (caller ID?). Just say you are the guy from Tennessee with the Cordoba trigger.

Thanks,
    Steve Morgan

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had Phil do good work for me when he was part of P&P

I use his old partner now because he is close and always does great work

Pat Pat's Gun Repair Patrick Gottberg 495 9th St SW Wells, MN. 56097 507-553-5730 email@patsgunrepair.com www.patsgunrepair.com

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS-- I think most gunsmiths are busier at different times of year or others-- no matter who it is-- if you want a definitive date of completetion-- get a gurantee of that--- before-- if keeping stuff for awhile doesnt work for you-- go somewhere else

I know people that send work in and the only way the gunsmith will accept it is if he can keep it awhile-- and then later the person gets upset

6. redix

redix TS Member

Phil has worked on my P & K guns, & on my son's Beretta 682. His work was completely satisfactory & completed on time. His charges are reasonable & he has been a perfect gentleman at all times. I will not hesitate to send guns to him again & to recommend him to other shooters.

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Phil has always done excellent work for me usually at the Spokane Gun Club. Last year Phil repaired my Allems Release trigger and was at the Grand in Vandalia where he found some Allem parts. Phil mailed my trigger as promised. Remember that Phil has a mobile trailer for a shop and he does not know the quirks of every shipping outfit like UPS or Fedex if he is shipping from a gun club in a strange city.

8. Booger Bob

Booger Bob TS Member

miketmx - Yeah...right.

Booger

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Earl,

I think if I was you I would delete the posting being as it is without doubt possible grounds for litigation based on your assumptions ... There might just a be a legitimate reason for the delays that are beyond his comtrol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Earl,

It sounds like his website may be down and he may not have time to check email on a daily basis.

I shipped Phil my Beretta 682X last week and he received it on Wednesday, September 12. Called him today to discuss an additional concern that I had not included in my letter that I sent with my receiver.

He is currently in Lake Geneva, WI and indicated he'll probably be there until December, after which he'll return to Texas. Sometime ago, if I recall, he indicated he goes to Lake Geneva after the Grand to make parts and build up his supply of trigger/gun parts, etc. and while there he has customers ship their guns to that address. The cell phone I reached him on is 210.313.5988.

All gunsmiths should be as technically sound and as honest as Phillip.

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Phil is the best gunsmith that I know about. He used to have a website that is no longer working, and I think that website was hijacked by some other person not at all related to Phil. You can always reach Phil on his cell phone and he has returned my messages right away. Phone (210) 313-5988

12. PhCr

PhCr Member

Hello Earl
    This is Phillip Crenwelge. I have your trigger done and will ship it out to you on Wed as I am away from the shop now and will not be back untill Tuesday nite. I have been trying to email you but it keeps getting returned saying undeliverable. I do not build a release for a Browning Recoiless liked you asked in your email.I dont know why you can not get through on my cell phone the number you have is right 210-313-5988.

Phillip Crenwelge
    Phillip's Gunsmithing

13. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Hey Phil instead of calling you I thought that I'd ask you this here : You may or not remember me but you did 2 triggers for me at the Grand last month, one was on a BT-100 the other was on that custom stocked Rem 3200 that you also did the choke work on, Now my question is:::: You had some add on adjustable ribs outside of your trailer on the table, I need one that is 27 3/8 long x5/16 Wide,,,,, tapered down from the back to the front to create a 80-20 POI. Do you have anything like this in Black ????? My email is wareagle2017@yahoo.com

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I had Phillip tune the triggers on a Beretta 687 this spring at Spokane, Washington. Did a GREAT job! Very reasonable charge too. I'd recommend him to anyone.

John C. Saubak

15. wcrosby

wcrosby TS Member

you guys have to understand that phillip is on the move most of the time , even with this tight schedule he is able to deliver quality work in a timely manner
    he is one of the best gunsmiths that i have had the pleasure of meeting and will recomend phillip to anyone as a first class gunsmith who charges reasonable fees
    w.e crosby
    gunsmith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
crenwelgegunsmith
phil crenweigge gunsmith
phil crenwelge gunsmith

phillip crenwelge

phillip crenwelge gunsmith

phillip crenwelge gunsmith reviews
phillip crenwelge midland texas