1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Philadelphia expels Boy Scouts from HQ

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Do the Boy Scouts accept any fed or state tax dollars?

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

That has no bearing on the matter. They have a gay prosecutor and he wants to further his cause by using the power of his office.

Don

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Philadelphia has not broken its lease with the Scouts nor has it evicted them from the property. The city has notified the Scouts that when the lease comes up for renewal in May of 2008, the lease fee will be raised from $1 per year to $200,000 per year, the maximum allowable fee consistent with the assessed value of the property the Scouts are leasing.

There is nothing illegal about the way the action was conducted.

Morgan

4. tj303

tj303 Member

They call it the 'City of Brotherly Love' for a good reason!

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Regardless who the public official may be, on paper, this sounds like it's "Just Business" to me.

I seem to recall a place called "Vandalia?" (If they didn't kick us out then, I'm sure they would now, if you catch my drift).

Time to quit whining. A $1 lease is obviously a special, sweetheart deal for one group at the public purse strings.

It's time for us to be consistent and logical in our positions, instead of a bunch of emotional, bitching old men. If we don't believe gays should have "special" rights that anyone else doesn't have, then our special "pet groups" shouldn't, either.

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"First and foremost I must add that 100% of everything that Capt. Morgan posted is the FACTS and the TRUTH. However, the basis behind this forced eviction is still my original post. They are being "forced" out because of the liberal Democratic agendas of the gays and lesbians. Capt. Morgan conveniently did base the reason for the sudden junp in rent."</I>

PARKERGUY,

The purpose of my post was to correct the inaccuracies in your lead post (i.e. that the city of Philadelphia had broken its lease with the scouts and that it had evicted them from the property).

I also stated that the manner in which the lease agreement was being changed was completely legal.

I saw no need to comment on the apparent motive behind the lease change. The matter will undoubtedly be brought to the courts where it will eventually be ruled on no matter what you or I or anyone else may think of it.

Morgan

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Why on earth do you think this matter will be seen by a court? If you have some information that the rest of us do not please share it with us Capt. Morgan. Jeff

8. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

"Time to quit whining. A $1 lease is obviously a special, sweetheart deal for one group at the public purse strings."

Yeah, you're right, we should screw over one of the last organizations that supports youth involvement in our sport, and more importantly, provides a moral compass to some of our nation's youth, provides boys' father figures who have none at home, keeps kids out of trouble, teaches them the social, academic, and outdoor skills they'll use for the rest of their lives.

But, you're right, since it's legal, it's moral.

Some people.

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

While it may be "LEGAL" in the since they can do , it is certainly NOT "MORAL". It is customary for all Non profit groups to pay the $1.00 only. They are simply doing this to try and drive out the Scouts and anybody with half a brain can see that. If any of you think that the liberal, pro gay, politically correct, anti american, left wing whacko, Commie Pinko, organizations will EVER be charged 200 grand per year, I have a VERY LARGE bridge to sell you! You can bet your sweet bippie that if they, or some Aubi Daubi Muslim extremist organization wants to use it the the price will be $1.00(only if they can't find a way to let them use it FREE)! This is typical of the liberal, pro gay, God Hating, anti American crap that dirt bag liberals come up with. When the United Way withheld money from the BSA because they didn't sanction Homo pedafiles, I wrote them a "Go to Hell" letter and haven't sent them a dime since(even though the company I work for does a lot of arm twisting to try and get us to give them money). The city of Philadelphia is corrupt and slezzy to the bone from the Mayor on down, so this comes as no suprise . Also to answer the above question, the BSA gets "NO" federal funding!

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If they "boy scouts" are getting any tax dollars. They are subject to the most insane ways of thinking. Wait till they tell you you dont have enough of X members your percentages are off. I hardly see any scouts in my area. Once a year or so selling cookies. Why is it so much for other groups to attach themselves to groups that are not apart of them? Why cant the Homosexuals just start their own scout group? I dont really care what people choose to do as long if its not invading others space. Why is it so important for a Homosexual to be a scout leader anyway. Its not a paying job is it? Are scout leaders in demand, a shortage or something. Last I checked there where no homosexual badges? Knock it off already. Make scouts in your area a private club, no tax dollars, just members who want to learn the ways of the scouts. Just tired of the nanny panny piss and moan, Shut up live your life with the people who choose to live it with you and leave the rest out of it. Im a catholic I dont go knocking on the door of the universal church across the street and tell they got it all wrong. to eavh his own. I was taught 3 things over and over. Respect, polite, help those who need when you can. Simple.

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

ParkerGuy, for exactly the reasons you stated, the gay community in San Diego has attempted to force the City to kick the Boy Scouts out of their headquarters here. I have no doubt that what you say is entirely correct. Perhaps those who see fit to attack your position could state why the Scouts should NOT be given the same consideration as any other non-profit group. Incidentally, since the gay and lesbian groups are obviously for their own profit, what is their justification for attacking the Boy Scouts if not to further their own agenda?

RobertT

12. jimx200

jimx200 Member

As someone involved at the Cub Scout level, the "Scout bashing" has been going on full force since the Janet Reno days. She forced a few rulings and since the Scouts took a stand on not touting the gay lifestyle, other cities (and liberal at that) have taken to expel the Scouts from paying a nominal fee. However, if your group happens to be the Alliance for Transgendered People, you get special treatment and may even get to form a club at the public school level...something the Scouts likely not get. It's the politics of political correctness and the promotion of the gay lifestyle being shoved down our throat (sorry, maybe a bad analogy). I have seen a out of control, wanna be gangbanger 10 year old completely turn his life around by getting involved in Scouting. What amazes me is the number of public school teachers and administrators who don't like the Scouts...certainly not all, just way more than I would ever believe. Just like ROTC, the public schools find ways to ban groups that don't fall under their "progressive" and oh so tolerant, gay support. I consider it my good fortune to help out some damn fine kids from all racial,ethnic, and social backgrounds.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

No biggie Zara...oh..BTW...he's your roomate for next years Grand...don't sleep with your briefs backwards

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ah...Philadelphia.....

The wind does not blow in Philadelphia...It sucks!!

Curt - Delaware

15. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The gay NRA BOD member's job is not taking young boys on overnighters out in the woods.
    That's the difference.

The gays/liberals don't hesitate to attack any group that does not support their lifestyle. They are intolerant to an extreme, all the while demanding that conservatives be tolerant of them. They are also vocal and the pets of the ruling class.

Traditional, conservative groups like the Scouts are being beaten down in numbers like never before. This country is in trouble...big trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.