1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PHIL SIMMS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BIG PAPA, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I have been trying to contact Phil since the Grand. His answering machine says the phone has been disconnected and he is not responding to emails. Anyone got any ideas why? Thanks.

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

That's not true. I called and talked to him in his shop yesterday and also the previous week.

Tom Strunk

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Why not post his phone number for him?

Gary Bryant

4. Tom Strunk

Thought I would call myself at 9:45 Arizona time to see if something has changed, it didn't. Phils voice answers the machine and gives the caller instructions. Again the statement made is not true.

Gary the person says he has his number, and it has been disconnected and is not responding to e-mails. If he didn't have the correct number he should have said so instead of trying to make Phil look bad.

Tom Strunk

5. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

How does the answering machine pick up if the phone is disconnected?

6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

TIME OUT! Tom you remarks are out of order. I am in no way trying to make Phil look bad on this site. I know Phil is normally VERY responsive to post's etc on this site. He also does outstanding, high quality work. He is doing some work for me. That is why I am trying to contact him. I was trying to find out more information. I was wondering if maybe he was on a vacation, in the hospital or had a wreck going home from the grand. Who know's what could have happened. I did not state in any way or fashion anything negative about Phil or his business. I called Phil last week (and yes I have the correct phone number) and something answered and stated "this number has been temporaily disconnected". I have no idea who's equipment gave me message, but that is exactly the message I got. I also sent Phil an email (yes, to the correct email address) on 8/16/10 @ 12:28:00 AM. As of right now, I have got no response from him. I also sent him a PM on this site on 8/25/10 @ 8:31:07 and have not got a response from him. Those are the only three way's I know how to contact him. So, Tom, you can unwad your panties anytime now. If you want to put a positive post on my thread fine. But, I absolutely do not appreciate you accusing me of lying and posting bad information. I will try to call him again today using the phone number I have. I am sure he will answer the phone this time.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Sorry PaPa. It was MR. Longshorts remark that drew Tom's response. Mr. Strunck is as fine a gentleman as you're going to meet. My opinion of Dr. Longshorts I'll keep to myself. Bob Hawkes

8. Tom Strunk

All I can say about this is that I told the truth. Nothing you have posted matched my experiences with a good friend. Saying that his "phone was disconnected" on a public forum is not good. You don't think that gives pause to a prospective customer ?? I have also e-mailed Phil about your post and he should be responding here soon.

I'll stand by everything I posted.

Tom Strunk

9. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

WE have been traveling and just got back and the phone was only off for a few hours. I am back now and available for you to call anytime. I also been having problems with my computer as it very old and have not been able to answer my email as of late. For inquiries call the shop. If there is any problems address them to me personally and do not bash me on this website. We are also very, very busy. There are other jobs that have been here since before the Grand that I have to get done for those gentleman. Your will addressed in the order it came in and no sooner. Thanks to those who know me and posted correct and favorable comments for your support.
    Thanks
    Phil

10. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Tom, as you can see from Phil's comments his phone was not working for a period of time. Obviously, that is when I tried to call him. The message must have been from one of the carriers. I would have no idea if the voice was Phil's or someone from one of the carriers. You can also see that Phil was having some computer problems. That is understandable because we all know that problems exist. As you can see, all of my statements are very true. Tom, I did not state you were not telling the truth. I just stated exactly was was happening to me and I was concerned.

Phil, I was in no way trying to bash you in any way on this website. I am sorry if you feel that way. I know you are always very responsive to questions etc on this website and we all appreciate your valueable input. I had tried to contact you via every tool I knew of and was getting no where. I was concerned that something may have happened etc. Just was wanting information, not trying to cause any unwanted feelings. It did bother me that Tom accused me of not telling the truth. I am glad to see you clarified the problems you were having on your end.

Folks as you can see, Phil is alive, healthy and working hard as ususal. You can call him and get you questions answered. Thanks, hope everyone has a great weekend and shoot well.

11. Tom Strunk

It looks like we were both telling the truth.

I get very defensive when I know a friend is getting a bad rap. I also talked to Phil on his cell phone on his way home from the grand as well as last week and two days ago, as well as this morning.

I have known Phil for thirty years and he as always been honest and truthfull with me, and I have never heard anyone say otherwise. I disputed what you said as I didn't know about the phone " was only off for a few hours " Maybe you should have called again the next day instead of posting here so fast.

I guess we can both let our ruff down. By the way, what is your name ??

Tom Strunk

12. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Tom, I think we can both feel better. As I stated very early, I found it very strange when I got the message about the phone. Since I do not know Phil's voice, I did not realize it was not his voice. I guess if I had really thought about it, why would Phil have put that message out there? All I know is I got this strange stupid message. As I look back now, I wish that I had returned another call a day later. Then since I know Phil is responsive to request on TS I was converned. Obviously, I would have had no reason for concern. Sorry for the apparent problem. DB

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Going off half cocked is embarassing, specially if you go early. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.