1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phil Simms Prosoft Recoil System

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kimball, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

Most of you have heard of Phil's new Prosoft Recoil System. It is GREAT. I received mine a few weeks ago and it shoots like a dream on my TM1. He used a magnificent piece of burled maple that turned out beautifully. Here are a few pics of his excellent work. It mad my old TM1 look great and shoot better, with NO recoil!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kolartarget

kolartarget Member

does it collapse when you shoulder the gun how does it work

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It only collapses upon firing. Kinda like a stock lok but better. Phil posted some neat pictures when he introduced them to the market place a year or so ago.

ss

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice looking wood. I am a Phil Simms fan also

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Very nice looking wood. I have one on order and hopefully will get it before the Dixie grand
    Rooferbob

6. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Man I love that maple!

Joe

7. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

That was a standard wood from Phil.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Wood is worth more than the gun.

9. THALL

THALL Member

Dick: That is a great looking chunk of wood, now you can go back to shooting those sporting clays loads at trap. Look forward to seeing it when I come over to South River or you make it over to Dixie Trap & Skeet. Have a great Christmas. Tim Hall

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Phil Simms Prosoft Recoil System is the best recoil reduction system I've ever shot with! It doesn't torque into or away from the face as some will. He's devised and built a real winner with this one!

Hap

11. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Regolf,

Sir, not wanting to hijack your thread and yes the stock looks fantastic.

After recently having both my shoulders fully replaced, I contacted Pat McCarthy (Dawson Industries) regarding his stock lock system and the following photo's show the results.

We are very fortunate that we live in times that we have these wonderful choices to keep us medically challenged stay in the game.

I cannot speak highly enough of the recoil reduction as the gun does not feel as though it goes off, Doc said no more shooting for me, but with either of these systems I am sure that people with mine or similar medical problems can go on to shoot for many years to come.

Good shooting and break-em-all,yours in sport.

"Release Trigger"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

13. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

14. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

15. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I am recoil sensitive and old (73).

I have had both the Stock-Lock and the second Pro-Soft built.

They both work great, exactly as expected. Although they look similar they are not even close to being a copy. The Stock-Lock has the rear part of the stock sliding into the grip part of the stock, the Pro-Soft is opposite, the grip part slides into the rear part of the stock, this means that Phil can use your old stocks grip if you want and install his parts on a new piece of wood and attach it to your grip to lower the price, if wanted. Also the grip can be smaller than the Stock-Lock as the grip slides into the rear, not the rear into the grip.

Next difference is the recoil systems, the Stock-Lock has a ball bearing lock system and springs. The Pro-Soft has a magnet for the lock, hydraulic system and spring. This means the rebound is controlled like a shock absorber on a car, the Stock-Lock has no dampening and cause some, not all, fits for the second shot in doubles. Phil can alter the spring and also the magnet's strength for a perfect feel. Leo Harrison 111 shoots with a Stock-Lock with no problems as you can see by his numerious wins. It just wouldn't work for me, so I changed to the Pro-Soft.

The cost is about $1,000 less with the Pro-Soft. The Pro-Soft is approx. $3,000.00 and the Stock-Lock is approx. $4,000.00 You can upgrade the wood and the cost will go up with either system.

Hopefully I have answered any questions anyone would have about these excellent recoil reducing systems. The people behind these systems are also great to work with and give outstanding service.

Merry Christmas to all ---

Tom Strunk

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

17. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Tom Strunk, Just as you have so nicely stated you are a former Stock-Lock owner as are a great number of my current customers. Prosoft looks better and works better---just a fact. Till you've tried it I don't think anyone has a fair opinion! Phil Simms

18. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

It's All I want for X-Mas

19. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Rooferbob, Yours will be next out of the shop! Phil S.

20. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
phil simms pro soft
phil simms prosoft

phil simms prosoft recoil system

phil simms prosoft stock
phil simms prosoft stocks
pro soft recoil system
prosoft gun stocks