1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phil Ross's book

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Phil Ross

I picked up a copy of Phil's book ( Trapshooting My Lifes Adventure) by accident actually. I was buying a barrel from Chango2 and he offered to throw it in at a reduced rate so I bought it. Chango2 is the Editor of the book. I am not finished with it yet but I wanted to share some thoughts with you trapshooters and especially the older group. I believe it to be a very interesting and beneficial book to read for all groups but there is reference to a lot of ole timers that will please some of you ole timers reading it. I am so glad I bought it and encourage you to consider it also. I am having a hard time putting it down. It has brought back so many memories already.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks Lou. Phil wrote a fine coverage re. trap and I had the pleasure of doing the word processing. We were babes in the woods starting that project and learned a lot; glitches along the way, but we are getting better at it.

Anybody can reach Phil through his e mail or telephone number that's listed at in his ad at this website. Phil and Jan attend to all orders and questions regarding the book and/or trapshooting with personal attention.

Phil still shoots as time permits; I do know he has an average well over 90 from the 27 (and he is a vet!!) with one score from the 27 of 98. (Scores and averages obtained during the last four-five months, not years ago..) He's the consumate "professor" of trapshooting. With tenure, too!

3. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thank you so much cubancigar2000 very much. I am working on my second book now.

Best Regards, Phil Ross

4. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

5. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

6. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks Bazooka Joe. I'm Phil's editor. We were "babes in the woods" starting that project, and made some mistakes along the way, but it was a labor of love for us. As Phil points out, he is working on more literary/documentary efforts to help document our wonderful sport and add to the literature related to trapshooting. Phil has a momentous task in recalling events, individuals, and stories. Such involves over 50 years of memories in Phil's case. Phil also has a very difficult task in putting into sensible prose that which he can more easily communicate at a trapfield, person to person, in a teaching environment. However, he is working very hard on that...hard enough to break away from the cliche' and assumptions, yet break into a monolog that is very easy to follow.

I do know that Phil has some "neat things in the works" and some of them may be advertised here soon. As editor, I am always looking for a personal message re. feedback. I know where I messed up here and there, but feel both Phil and I went from "B 22 yard C" in doing this stuff to at least "A 25 yard A" in doing the word processing and transcribing Phil's thoughts and huge personal database related to trapshooting.

WITH THIS CLICHE', "PLEASE STAY TUNED TO THE AD HERE AT TS.COM"

Sincerely,

David Buchman

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have read almost every book about trapshooting that i could get my hands on over the years. phil's new book is about the best i have read. if we could only bring back the glory days of shooting. on a personal note, i emailed phil and told him if i could only know what he has forgotten about this sport, i would be pretty smart and a better shooter. when phil writes, you feel like you are actually doing the shooting with him. i congratulate all of you on the book. job well done.
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

phil ross editor

phil ross trapshooter