1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PHIL ROSS NEW BOOK

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I read at another thread that Phil Ross has a book soon to be available...Phil, if you read this, what is the name of the book and what is its focus? Thanks, I enjoyed your lessons and will order a book as soon as I know how to.

2. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

The book is called: "TRAPSHOOTING: My Life's Adventure"
    An Overview of the events, People, Dynamics, and Techniques druing American Trapshooting's Golden Era, with Essential shooting Instructions theory, advice, and Tips.

Regards, Phil

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Received my copy of Phil's new book a couple of days ago. Thanks for the kind words Phil. It's so good I can't put it down.

I want one and all to know what a bitchin book this is, nothing left out. Phil you really have impressed me with your writing ability.

I wholeheartly endorse this excellent book, Thank Phil for putting it in print.

Your friend --

Tom Strunk

4. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Hi Tom,
    Glad you enjoyed the book, and thank you for the kind words my friend. Hope to see you soon.

regards, Phil Ross

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Kewel...glad I keep in touch with Phil and learned about this book..bought it, like it tremendously. Recommend it.

6. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thanks Chango2! Glad you liked my book.

I will be out at North Hollywood for tomorrows shoot! Hope to see a bunch of you out there.

Regards, Phil Ross

7. biff

biff Active Member

If Tom Strunk says it is Great Book, I want one! Biff

8. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thanks Biff,
    All my info is on Trapshooters.com

Regards, Phil Ross

9. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Phil,

I just wanted to thank you and David for coming out to our club Saturday, I hope you enjoyed yourself. I got through the first 20 pages of your book and love it. You and I had similar childhoods (yours were a bit earlier than mine, but had the same foundation in shooting, even before we started shooting.

Will be ready more tonight.

You have come a long way my friend on your road to recovery and know that someday, you will be shooting out of that chair again.

Kindest regards,

Gary Bombalicki

10. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thanks Gary for the kind words about my book.

Best Regards, Phil Ross :)

11. In plain view

In plain view Member

Had the pleasure of picking up my autograph book from Phil this past saturday at NHSC. Even though I was quite aware who Phil Ross was I never had the opportunity to personally meet this wonderful guy. I not only met him but had the pleasure of shooting with him on squad 8 as well. Phil, in my opinion, is the type of guy who puts you at ease when speaking to him and a friendship immediately takes place. I'm about 1/3 through the book and he brings up names and places that I hadn't heard in years. Photographes in the book are excellent. If there are any copies left don't hesitate as it's well worth the read. JMHO. Bob English in Los Angeles

12. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

I got a nice letter I wanted to share with all of you from a good friend.

Dear Mr. Phil;

Thank you so much for your new book and the walk down the memory lane of my sorted past. I started Trapshooting at the age of 24 in 1963. This semed to be an era of great shooters for us to look up to.

I want you to recall an experience for me in the mid 1990's approx 1995. In 1992 I earned my 27 yard pin at Pachmayr. In Redlnadss. After 4 shoots of 100 27 yard handicap targets, I had an average of 94.5 and was very satisfied with the since that was much better that I normally shoot from there.

Phil Ross broke two 99's and two 100's. In my opinion this was the highest level of American Handicap Shooting that I was honored to witness. Since that summer, I call you Mr. Phil and always think of you that way.

I was not aware of all of your difficulties and I hope you continue to recover and enjoy Trapshooting to your fullest.

God Bless;

Wheels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

phil ross shooting tips

phil ross trapshooting
phil ross trapshooting books