1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phil Ross: Congratulations and Happy Birthday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Congrats and Birthday wishes to Phil, the iconic So-Calif. shooter and also an associate editor of Shotgun Sports Magazine. Phil Ross, in league competition at Redlands Shooting Park, Redlands California, ran 100 straight from the 16 and 49/50 from the 27.

What a way to celebrate one's birthday! And Phil has now shot and won IN seven (7) decades plus. The "job", btw, was completed with an approximately 35 year old and "old school" style Ljutic Monogun. "Phil don't need no tricks to break targets"...way to go!

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The rough gruff Phil of years ago has mellowed out into a big lovable Teddy Bear ... except when you get on the line to shoot ... he still will bite you in the a$$ !

Good shooting Phil and Happy Birthday again!

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hi Phil:
    Glad to hear you are doing well. Happy Birthday.
    Steve Balistreri

4. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Phill, very good shooting and happy birthday!

Charlie

5. checker

checker Member

Phil,
    Congratulations & Birthday wishes from your #1 East Coast Fan. Also see your current Shotgun Sports Aug 10 issue for Phil's article....."Secrets of the Pros"
    Charlie in VA
    [​IMG]

6. TC

TC TS Member

Phil, Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Tony

7. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thanks Everyone for the Birthday day wishes!!!

8. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Phil do you still play hearts? What ever happened to Bobbie Gilbertson, and happy birthday. Brad

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Happy birthday from Martin and Devi Wilbur.

10. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thanks Brad!!! yes, I do play hearts still......I just saw Bobby about two weeks ago when I went to the State Shoot in Kingsburg. He met me and I got to visit with him for a couple of hours, as he was meeting some friends for a fishing trip that afternoon. He still lives up in Atwater, Calif.

Regards, Phil :)

11. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Phil, Good to hear your still kicking, The older I get the more I seem to remaniss about the old days in Vegas and Reno. We're both just a couple of old Buffalo hunters who've unfortunatly see the best trap shooting times are now behind us. I don't know what you think but it's no doubt to me that trap shooting is in trouble. We're doing OK here in Ohio, but we are still way off the shooters numbers from the 70's. I don't know if they will ever come back, and I have no confidence that anyone at the ATA has any idea how to fix it. Too many years now they've just been on a "hold on for dear life" no idea mode.

It's sad but at least we shot trough those fun years, you even longer than me. It's funny the whinning about Leo kicking everyone's rear reminds me of when western shooters used to complain about Dan and you. Come to Ohio and shoot sometime and we'll get up a hearts game. Still some of the old bunch around, but too many have passed on. Stay healthy. Brad

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Heard some news that Phil shot another one hundred straight in singles at Triple B's yesterday. This during the Western Zone. Congratulations to Phil Ross. I heard that he hit the targets so hard that the AQMD (Air Quality Management District of Los Angeles) is checking into fining him.

Also, heard that Phil's 100 straight was the only one yesterday. So, including the run at targets in league on Sunday, Phil continues to run 'em. 200 straight and counting

"Way 'ta go Phil"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.