1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phil Kiner's video???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by poacherjoe, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Please give me your opinions on Phils video if you have viewed it.Did it help any of you in you shooting??

2. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Yes it is great, I am AAA27AA or AAA and I learned a few things from it

Terry.

3. thomascapital

thomascapital TS Member

Phil's latest DVD is excellent! PK is a personal friend and my coach. He has a mystic's ability to help you. Check out the DVD I know you will not regret it!

4. jmb

jmb TS Member

First I am at a friends house and so am logged in under his account.
    Secondly, not trying to be a shameless promoter but my new video is 100 times better than my old one. It is over 3 hours long and goes into much more detail. The section on cross-firing is significantly better than the old and in fact I wish I could pull all the old off the market simply because I did not know as much about cross-firing then as now.

poacherjoe - I will make you an offer-- order the video and if you do not think it was worth the $$$ simply send it back and tell me you saw my answer on ts.com and I will send you a full refund. However, if you do like it then you say so here.

The close ups on the shot hitting the target are interesting. Phil Kiner

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Great video....

Don't hesitate to get one.

Sooner the better.

Curt

6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Active Member

Have had it less than a month but yes the Video is worth every penny. I now have a T Jordan wall chart in one of the rooms too because of it. Both are probably the best investments I’ve made in shooting. Right up there next to the PFS stock anyways. The biggest unexpected surprise for me is in skeet. Can’t get to 75 for the life of me, always end up dropping a left to right in the third round and am pretty sure why after watching the DVD.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The mental, concentration, and visual parts of the DVD are very good. I was disappointed in the lack of info on stance, gunhold, and POI for doubles and handicap, but I realize there are so many different styles out there, where do you start.

8. gordy h

gordy h Member

What is the name of the NEW video? How much? and where do I send the money/ Butch H

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I just got my copy a week ago. It is well worth the $50.00.

10. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

I just received the Phil's video and have gone through most of it once. It is long, but it is broken up into sections so you can view the ones most pertinent. I did enjoy the section watching the shot actually hit the target. I'm not sure what that shows us in the way of lead and target acquisition, but it is very interesting to see. Perhaps proof positive you cannot tell where the shot string goes just by watching the wad, though if you have done any POI testing at 13yds, that fact will be very obvious.

One of the problems I have is trying to figure out why I missed and where the shot went and unfortunately, that is still a problem for me. The visual of seeing where the shot goes reinforces the fact that it is easy to guess wrong so you can't draw any hasty conclusions.

Overall, I thought Phil's video is well worth the money and time, especially during these times when shooting is getting more expensive.

I need to go through it again to see if there is a section for dealing with slumps. My 15yo is in a bad one and has lost much confidence in his ability and I am trying to figure out how to get him out of it without flying him to Wyoming. My only thought right now is to lock the trap for straightaways at post 3 and let him shoot to help rebuild his confidence.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for a great product Phil.

Mike Senko

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have watched all the videos out there and Phils new DVD is the best. I have watched it many times and still find new things to help me.

12. DocJim

DocJim Member

13. Cray

Cray Member

otnot: Have you watched any of Harlan's videos? Is Phil's better? Cray

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

Cray, I like Phils better because my shooting style is more along the lines of Phil's(not as good)LOL Halans also has good points but Phils is more indepth. You have to veiw these films and use what fits your style because what may work for them won't for you.

15. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Buy the video.

This DVD is authored second to none....

What I mean by this is, you can use the video time and again, and always find something new each time you play it. Do yourself a favor, get the video, then take one of Phil's clinics. Put some effort into what you see, hear and learn, and watch your targets start to ink-ball....

From above, Phil has made a great offer. I can tell you this, with Phil's word, you can take it to the bank!

see the target, stay with the gun,

Matt Nicol

16. gslam

gslam TS Member

I,ve seen it, highly over rated and not worth the money. Spend time testing yourself and you will learn what works for you much better than cloning anyone.

17. jmb

jmb TS Member

Setterman-- Look again and pay attention to the section on where to look and where to hold. I go thru that process so that you can figure out where YOU need to hold. I never tell anyone exactly where to hold as everone is different. The same is true regarding where to look. That is covered in upcoming Trap and Field article. I think it will be in April or May.

mercedesman--- First send me an email and I will talk to you about your son. Secondly, if he is doing that badly you need to check to make sure he is not cross-firing. That is the most common cause of slumps. pkinerATphilkinerDOTCOM

pulll-- not sure who is who on the video and I am in Florida with no way to watch the video. I can tell you that Jim (the right handed shooter) was shooting his personal K-80. I think it is factory fixed (if I remember right). Mike (the lefty was shooting a demo gun he was thinking of buying. It had factory choke tubes and I do not remember which constrictions they were. I was shooting my K-80 Special top single. It has titanium choke tubes BUT has been back-bored and rechoked by Tom Wilkinson (and yes I paid Tom for his work- he is an independent contractor like me so has no corporate advertising budget).

gslam-- everyone is entitled to their opinion-- sorry you didn't like the video but since you said you had SEEN it that must mean that you just looked at someone else's and I don't have to worry about sending you a refund.

IN GENERAL-- I would encourage you to buy Harlan's new video and not worry about who's is the best. I have bought or traded for every trapshooting video on the market in the past years ( I don't have Harlan's Hdcp-Dbls yet).

I have also bought most of the sporting video's and all of Todd's skeet videos. Why?? Because you can learn something from everyone one of them that might get you a target. If the potential to gain ONE target somewhere is not potentially worth $50.00 to you then I am not sure what to say. I know I picked up a couple of things from Todd's that helped my TRAP game in addition to being invaluable to my skeet game. Phil

ps -- Remember it is not where you missed that is important --it why you missed. I go into the where so people do not try to adjust their gun based on WHERE THEY THINK IT IS. I tell everyone at every clinic where the misses are going to be BEFORE we go to the line. Why-- to prove that I don't need to see you shoot to predict where you are going to miss and the fact that where that is is different that where most of the "D class 20 yard All American Expert Coaches" out tell yo it is and that they may not actually know it all.

18. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Phil: I have purchased your video and I will email back when I view it this weekend.PJ

19. Cray

Cray Member

otnot: Thank You. Cray

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The video (DVD) from Phil Kiner is very much like his actual clinic, chocked full of useful information with a touch of humor ... Phil is obviously not overly comfortable in front of the camera and it shows but thats just the way he is ... Phil is a great instructor and no doubt on top of his game when it comes to actual shooting ... You will find the video (DVD) to be money well spent and if you pay attention it will help you improve your game also ... The only thing better than the video would be attending his clinic in person after you watch the video ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.