1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phil Kiner!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dedpair, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

He did the same for me about a year ago, when I was thinking of going to a release. He was very helpful and with some of his suggestions I was able to continue with a pull trigger. Regret never taking his class, I can only imagine the insite he can offer seeing an individual shoot.

Jeff Graupp

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

He's just that kind of guy. JRM

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have to say that Phil Kiner is one of the finest people I have never met. One day out of the blue he called me about a topic we were discussing on TS.com. What a nice helpful person and a true ambassador of our sport. I look forward to one day meeting him and would love to take one of his classes. I would like to talk him into coming up to Alaska one day and putting on one of his classes. We need him up here!!

4. Cray

Cray Member

He also answered one of my e-mails last year. Within hours after I sent it!!!!! Cray

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phil is a nice person and a great shot. He does care about trap shooting and is willing to help others. But, do not start asking him questions just before he takes the line. He has other things to think about then.

Pat Ireland

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Phil Kiner is truly one of the good guys ... If you get a chance take his clinic, you cannot beat it and his video is very informative also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I know I can't say enough good things about Phil. He has amazed me with how far above and beyond he will go to help out other trap shooters.

But not only that, it's how much good he does! Through not only his videos but through his emails, personal phone calls and then spending his (valuable) time in person and , at least in our case, all without ever asking for anything in return. And his help in our case made a HUGE difference to a number of our kids.

And I know from the many like comments I see regarding Phil and what he has done for others, that what we have experienced is NOT an anomaly, it's the real deal!

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I just talked to Phil 45 min ago at the NE state shoot. I took a clinic about a yr. and a half ago with him. I have recently purchased a K gun that I want to shoot the same for hdc. as another gun I have. I know he told us to call him anytime he could be of help,but thought I could handle this myself. Hasn't happened. He gave me heck for not calling him and told me to bring both guns to the shoot tomorrow and he would help me. I thanked him and told him I would do that if things were going well with him. His reply, "I don't care if I just broke a 200 or 188; you look me up and we'll take care of it."What else is there to say? Thanks Phil. Steve Elliott

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

That's the kind of comitment you get from a real profesional. He is a real gentleman From what I can tell. Joe

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Met him for the first time at the Kansas State Shoot recently, where he looked at, and adjusted my daughter's gun.

Very helpful, nice guy.

11. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Might as well join the list. I was fortunate enough to have one-on-one lessons from him at his home club years ago. Quite a gentleman -- and patient. And, his club has a pet antelope herd.
    Guy Coates

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Phil called me one time out of the blue just to offer some suggestions about my website. I was very impressed to say the least. A credit to our sport for sure.

Joe

13. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

First, thanks for all the compliments- I will print this thread off and show it to my wife. She does't think near as much of me as some of you (LOL).

Secondly, you guys may have not figured it out, but about the only time I will respond to a thread is when there is a probable trigger or cross-firing problem. That is because there is so much bad theory out there on these two subjects.

The main reason i made the second video is so that I could explain one eye and cross-firing better.

Cp--just send me an email with a phone number to: pkinerATphilkinerDOTCOM and I will be glad to talk to you, that way you don't get second hand info. Phil

ps this is coming from the Munson computer but it is me. pk

14. pdq

pdq Member

Bought his new DVD and learned a lot.

Took his clinic a few months ago & scores are up.

Great guy personally, and an even better instructor -- his clinic is not to be missed if you get the opportunity.

Pete

15. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

I have a friend with that problem. What is the answer ?????????????????///////////////////////

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I've had the same experiences with Phil. He called me to try to help when he found out that I was having a problem. I was so flabbergasted that he was on the other end of the line that I had to pull myself together! He has also adjusted my gun at the Southern Grand, and picked out a trigger for me when my release was speeding up. I've taken two of his clinics, and I enjoy his advice, as well as his twisted sense of humor. He knows his stuff, and is a straight-shooter, even when it is to his detriment. He always makes himself available via email and phone.

I don't know when the man ever gets any time for himself, or when Marsha ever gets him to herself. Both of them are really good people, and it would be amazing if each shooter could contribute just a small fraction of what Phil has contributed to this sport. He sets a good example for us all.

17. BMC

BMC Member

Is "cross-firing" your eyes try to balance out, particularly when tracking a target? Just curious because I've been noticing that I'm having some issues with that. Just wondering if that is what it is called.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

It's when your "off" eye temporarily takes over instead of your dominant eye. Email Phil...he'd be happy to help you. It's his favorite topic.

19. BMC

BMC Member

Thanks, that's what I figured the term being used was. I tried the tape thing and it drove me nuts. Squinting my left eye (I'm rt. eye dominant) helps.

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Not only is Phil a great guy and a great shooter, he is also a very likeable person. He is always ready to help and is very forthcoming with good advice. Phil is a true credit to the sport and to himself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

phil kiner trap shooting tips