1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phil Kiner...I need your help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yvonne, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Hi Phil....I lost your telephone # and I need some help with a Lady shooter.
    She's brand new to shooting. She's left handed and has no use of her left eye. She is also short (5"0 at that and also has very short arms.)

We have a lt-Remington 1100 youth at the club...right handed 21" barrel. What do you think of me having her shoot right handed and just get her used to it? I'm trying to get a bargain here on a 26 or 28" barrel.
    Her husband, who she doesn't want to learn from, shoots skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays. I shoot everything (trap, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays) and get together (her husband included) with 3 couples (she likes that idea of husbands and wives) She's very receptive of learning from me and wants to enjoy the social aspect of shooting with couples. She's VERY nervous about the safety aspect, which I have no trouble teaching her. What are your thoughts about #1 Having her shoot right handed? #2 Auto, for reduced recoil and then introducing her to an o/u. ANY help you can give me?
    Thanks a million!

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Phil's contact info is at the site above (if he hasnt already contacted you.)

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Yvonne, As you've probably noticed, I'm heavily involved in a similar fashion at the club. I've found that you really don't gain any benefit from the 20 ga unless it's the older heavy ones. I'd recommend the older 1100 12 ga and a shortened stock. I'm in the process of getting a couple of stocks set up with adjustable combs and lenght of pull just for the situation you have. If she has no use of her left eye then I don't see any other choice than learning from the right side. She won't be the first to do it. Good luck, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.