Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

??Phil Kiner/eye training/exercise cards

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Phil Kiner 
#1 ·
Phil,

Been using your DVD for a few weeks, I think it is really helping.

? about the card. I have done what I think you are say but don't get the results that is stated on the card. How far should the card be from your eye? How far to hold the pencil?

Any help would be appreciated.

David

#3 ·
Steer,

I have my card on the wall at eye level and stand about 3-4 feet from it, or arms lenght to start. I use a pencil at arms length and bring it closer, you will find the sweet spot as you get it closer, after that I start at the bottom and work my way up the chart.
When the eyes start to see double I drop the pencil down. Ive gotten to the point that I use no pencil, just my finger to align my eyes to start. I have been able to feel that I am actually looking through the wall when I have the top balls centered and the eyes feel natural as in not crossed.
After I do it at 3-4 feet I am able to move back and do exercises from 6-8 feet also.

#4 ·
Start with the card about arms length. The first time I used one of these cards it took me a long time to get to the point that I could make it work. Just keep doing it and eventually the circles will move and you will see it 3D.

When doing either version when the 2 circles "split" and become 4 circles is the first step, then as you continue the two inside circles should be getting closer to each other then finally they should come together and instead of 4 circles there will only be 3. When you get it to be 3 circles is when it will have the 3D look.

Version two is very similar to the "magic eyes" that used to be in the Sunday funnies. That was the one that was a glob of colored patterns that if you stared at it long enough would have a 3D image in it. Try looking clear through the card to the far horizon and let your eye relax.

Remember to do it both ways- version one crosses your eyes and version two will diverge your eyes and is the version that is most important for trap shooters. That is because diverges your eyes which is making them look to the same spot in distant space. This will help you lock on to targets better at distance and especially when you have bad backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.