1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phil Kilner or Harlan Campbell??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by culverken, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culverken

culverken Member

I am new to the sport and have been looking to purcase a instructional DVD. I am curious to find out others opinions about the two different instructors. If you were only to buy one which would it be? Thanks in advance for the help.

Ken

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I say, run a contest.

Have them meet and have an arm wrestling contest.

Then you can buy the video of the one who wins.

Sounds fair to me......lol

Actually, I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one of those videos as I'm sure you will learn something from either one of them.

Hauxfan!

3. ZELMO1

ZELMO1 TS Member

I just bought both. I believe that you can learn something from both. Good luck, break em all!

4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I have Phil's DVD, and I also have both of Harlan's DVDs. If you can only buy one, it's no contest -- buy Phil's. They're both great instructors, but here's a breakdown from a simple economics view.

Phil's DVD is three hours and 20 minutes in length at a cost of $54.95 from his website.

Harlan's clinic is spread over two DVDs (Trapshooting My Way and Handicap & Double My Way). Each video is $59.95, and if I remember right, they're about 60 minutes each (I can't remember the length, and the DVD and case are not labeled).

So, from a pure economics view, Phil is the way to go. Now, each instructor has his strengths. Phil's covers a lot of good information. He has an excellent section on cross-firing that has help me tremendously in the last couple weeks. The main concepts I got from Harlan is stance & position on post, a smooth move to the target, and establishing your hold point based on where you as the shooter see a whole and clear target.

If you can afford it, get all three. A teachable student can learn different things from different instructors, and SHOULD gather learning from several people. No one person is the guru of all trapshooting knowledge. However, if you can only buy one DVD, watch the previews of Harlan's at www.sunrisevideo.com and then go to www.philkiner.com and buy Phil's DVD.

5. coffee

coffee Member

I belive the Phil Kiner video's offer a more in depth coverage of the many different aspects of Trap Shooting. Therefore more instructions for your dollar. COFFEE

6. culverken

culverken Member

Thanks for all the great info!

Ken

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I have only see the old Kiner DVD. It is a synopsized version of his clinic.

I have attended clinics by both gentlemen. Each has a different approach. Phil works with you on YOUR technique. He tells you what you are doing, then proves it using video. Harlan shows you a technique and spends a good deal of time teaching you how to prepare for a shoot, mental discipline, and how to be a tough competitor.

I got a lot out of each clinic. If you need help with your shooting form, or anything to do with hitting the target, I'd say go with Phil Kiner. If you are interested in the more mental aspect of shooting and competition, go with Harlan Campbell.

8. G-12

G-12 TS Member

Ken I'll sell you my copy of Phil Kiner's Trapshooting Clinic dvd for $40 plus shipping. Great condition, it's been viewed one time. Ben

9. butcher

butcher Member

PHIL KINER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone using harlin campbel technique

phil kilner trap shooting

phil kiner vs harlan campbell dvds