1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pheasant farms or preserves

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrrem3200, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrrem3200

mrrem3200 Member

I’m looking for some information on pheasant hunting preserves or farms on the East Coast. I was coming back from Myrtle Beach bike week and I thought I saw fields with a sign for pheasant hunting in Maryland. I was on my motorcycle so I couldn’t take down any information. We have some small pheasant preserves here in the Massachusetts area but their small. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

mrrem3200...

I go to the above listed game farm twice a year.....it's a really nice place, well run, very nice owners and the prices are reasonable.

They have pheasant, quail & chukkar.

It's only approx. 15 minutes off I-95 once you enter New Jersey from Delaware.

Curt

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Theres also Shraders on the eastern shore just off 313...and Pintail Point just off Rt50 and bothe have lodging and other clay games too

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Oh yeah....I forgot about Hopkins Game Farm (Sporting Clays too) in Kennedyville, MD.

Curt

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Martz's Gap View Hunting Preserve

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

The cheapest place to shoot stocked birds in Maryland is Native Shore Shooting Preserve in Queenstown. Forget Schraders or Hopkins.

7. mrrem3200

mrrem3200 Member

Thanks guys this information is awsome!

8. DONNE

DONNE Member

The Swann family has a nice place between Denton and Easton . Nice grounds. Caroline County Shooting preserve .

9. hsharief

hsharief TS Member

I've used this website to locate hunting preserves/farms. It may not be a comprehensive list but it is still very helpful.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

mrrem3200

Next fall, just go to South Dakota.

Waaaay mo' betta' than a game bird farm.

11. Questor

Questor TS Member

TimBB:

I agree that South Dakota is an excellent place for pheasant hunting, but it gets kind of expensive and time consuming. I live within a day's drive of prime SD pheasant lands but don't go often because of cost and time. I like the preserves because we can go and have a good outing, exchange our birds for cleaned ones, and hang out in the lodge for a while and chat. It's a different experience that I never thought I'd like, but have found it to be quite pleasant. Costs are reasonable too, especially if you don't need to hire a dog handler and his dogs. It just makes this kind of wingshooting affordable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.