1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pgun experts, Hastings 35

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have a 35" barrel for a TM1, same step rib choked IM, .735,.710. There are no markings of any kind on the barrel. I have heard that Hasting made a barrel for the TM1.Any ideas??? Thanks Rich
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Lester

Mr. Lester Member

I think I have the same barrel.
    Mine is marked on the underside Made in France.
    Lester

3. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I understand that Hastings was taken over by a French firearms company. Rich

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I too had one that I sold to someone on here. It was made in France. As I recall, it was way tight and overweight. They sold them at the Grand one year, which is where I got it. (about 300.oo)

Ed Yanchok

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Again, this barrel is completly unmarked, no proof marks, nothing. there is a narrow ring of decorative engraving around the barrel right in front of the chamber. It does seem to weigh a little more than the stock barrel. Rich

6. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

It looks like the one I have on my TM1 and is mfg France. I put it on because the origional bbl was too light and it was the cure for me. As for tight, I don't know it breaks em all now and then from wherever I am standing.

7. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Hasting barrels are made in France by the Verney-Carron company. As far as I can tell the Hastings brand is now limited to slug barrels, many of them drilled and tapped for scope mounts. The thing about my barrel that aroused my curiosity is the complete lack of markings of any kind. I would still like to hear from sombody who has or had an unmarked TM1 35" barrel. Rich

8. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Gyrine,...These "TM-1 replacement" barrels were made in France. I believe there were about 500 made. Hastings imported them...(approx 1988???) but sales were dismal, so various dealers bought the remaining barrels. NOW,some of these remaining barrels had the barrel lug soldered on crooked and the straightness of the barrel stopped this shooter from buying one!. I shot some excellent scores with one that I borrowed from a friend and this one had been choked by "THE MAN" from North Carolina. I have looked at a few of these barrels as they come up for sale. DID NOT LIKE THE QUALITY or Straightness!!.....Finally bought a 34" TM-1 barrel (early Perazzi/Ithaca vintage) from MIA and have never looked back or found any to my liking. Respectfully submitted.....X-Jet Boat Bill....Life Member ATA

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

My TM 1 barrel has no name and has a tapered rib about 34-1/2 long. Mine is not heavy(lighter than the original) and it shoots higher than the original.

Ajax

10. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I bought and returned one from a mid west dealer because it had no proof marks which is a European standard, It could have been made out of recycled beer cans for all I knew. It was also larger dimensionally requiring quite a bit of wood removal from the forearm. The only good thing about it was the price, but the cost was greater than I was willing to pay.

Surfer

11. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Frenchy Frigon originally contracted with the french firm for these barrels. You could buy them for $350. with no ejector or beads. The ones I saw were rough looking. The last ones I saw were at John Allems about 20 years ago and he had a tough time selling them at $200.

12. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I bought mine from a trusted member of this forum. I put 100 rounds through it last Sunday and have no complaint about the fit, finish or function. It is a little " beefier" than a Perazzi barrel but is straight and crushes targets after I figured out the POI. Mine too came with no ejector springs or plungers, Whiz took care of that. Thanks for your input. Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.