1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrd, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrd

mrd Member

Can someone comment on their experience with PFS? Especially how it compares to other recoil reduction stocks and systems. Also, if installation and fitting is not complicated.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

A lot of people like them and a lot of people use them.

I tried, and I didn't care for it.

The reason.......well, it was easy to set up and that was not the problem, but.....I just could not get used to the backward travel that ended up with the trigger guard hitting my middle finger.

I suppose I could have had my middle finger amputated, but over the years I got quite attached to it, so I decided against that.

I went with Ken's Bumbbuster instead and liked it a lot better.

Every one has an opinion, this is just mine.

It might work fine for you.

See if you can shoot a gun that already has one on it to be sure. It might be your cup of tea.........and then again, it may not.

Good Luck!

Hauxfan!

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

My opinion is that they are great. I would never think about shooting trap without one.

Pat Ireland

4. zinger

zinger Member

I'm with Pat on this one also. I don't think I could ever go back to wood. I require more offset than most and the PFS allows me to have a perfect fit. The Ultimate Comb has been the greatest improvement to compliment the PFS. With total adjustability and the most reliable recoil reduction offered on the market, you owe it to yourself to try one. I suggest if you do try one, make sure you have someone who knows how to fit a gun set it up for you. Yes, you can set one up by the book, but having someone with experience in gun fit and PFS will make it much easier. If you need any more information, feel free to email me. Kim Bateman zinger@zbzoom.net

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

Very nice units.

Unfortunately, I cannot shoot a decent doubles score with one. So, I went back to a wood stock. I think it is a mental thing with me as many people use them successfully.

You really need someone who knows how to fit a stock to help you. There are many adjustments; so, if you like to twiddle things, you can have a merry time and do a lot of experimenting.

Don Verna

PS I purchased a second unit for my gf and she likes it.

6. zinger

zinger Member

Dave, the UFC allows a more consistant mount and eliminates the movement of the skin on your cheek as your swinging the gun like the regular comb. If you have the chance to try one, they are easy to put on and adjust.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The main advantage of the UFC is that you can adjust height with shims and cast by moving the comb posts just like a regular adjustible comb. No more mess'n with screws for height. The comb feels better too.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mark- Read this thread and look at the upper right hand corner. When the banner for Target Shotgun flashes, click on it. Bob Schultz sells PFS and he is a great person and an honest business man. He is also a AAA shooter who can give you some excellent advice.

PFS are a bit expensive but they are wort twice their costs. All of the dealers charge the same price.

Pat Ireland

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have one on my wife Beretta and I would get one again. It's the best. Soft shooting and adjustable. This the way to go. You don't have to cut you stock and to add a recoil device. You also can resell your gun with a factory uncut stock if you wanted to.

I had to GraCoil that were good, but not as good a the PFS.

The best part of the adjustment is that you can have a shot LOP and change it to a long LOP in 2 minuets. You can do that with any other recoil device.

10. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

I had one installed on a BT-99 but eventually removed it and sold it. I really expected it to be a good thing but it felt sloppy and insecure. It absorbed some of the recoil but the trade-off was a stock that felt,to me, like it was always loose and had a loose comb on it as well. The gun never felt like it was part of me from the first shot through the last. I'll stick with wood.

Carol Lister