1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wam6187, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

Steve,

Are you seeing any kind of muzzle jump on the first shot in singles or doubles?
    If so, you have the recoil set too soft.

I have mine setup to where I feel a little push - I wouldn't call it recoil - on the first shot but this helps return the stock to the "starting" position for the second shot. In my experience it takes some time to get the settings just right for both singles and doubles. The best piece of advice I can give is to take your time and not get frustrated. Believe me once you have it setup correctly you will love it to death.

If you feel like you have hit the wall and are out of ideas call Vern Brown.

Bill

2. zinger

zinger Member

Steve, Bill is correct about having your stock set too soft. It happened to me a few years back where I didn't even know I was holding the collapsed stock into my shoulder after the first shot of doubles. Don't be afraid to tighten your stock up a few turns at a time until it's returning to the start position (for lack of a better word) It won't affect the felt recoil at all.