1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Salt, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salt

Salt Member

Joe, I shoot a XT combo.The only time I notice extra pressure on the comb is when shooting doulbles. I do that just to make sure I stay in the gun for the second shot.

Larry

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 4 PFS and I don't put any pressure on my combs. I just set them up right and you should be fine.
    I would have to see you shoot to see why you are having the problem.

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I put a lot of pressure on the comb because without doing so I lift my head often. The PFS comb does not recoil or move back when the stock compresses. The RAD and Gracoil both allow the comb to recoil back with the gun. I find the RAD and Gracoil more troublesome and uncomfortable than the PFS.

You may not have the butt angle adjusted properly if the comb comes up to your face when you shoot. Try changing the angle of the butt by adding a spacer under the top of the butt pad.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Fit is the answer here. The PFS (I have two with the "Universal fit" comb-- and I do put a lot of cheek pressure on the comb),is the only real answer to your problem. It has the best adjustability and the best recoil reduction. You probably need someone to help you adjust the entire stock to you. Don't be afraid to make changes and experiment...if you are going to continue to shoot, it will be with a PFS.

JON

5. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

There is an Precision Fit optional comb called the "Ultimate Fit". You can put as much pressure on that as your want. It is near perfect in fit and function, in my opinion.

6. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have a PFS with the Ultimate comb system, I didn't like the contour of the factory comb so I had one shaped to fit my face so it locates directly under my cheekbone/eye and keeps it there.

Experimentation is all about fitting your needs. A good gun fitter will speed up the process. A call to Vern Brown at PFS is always worthwhile. Depending on where you live, you may be able to meet up with Vern for a fitting.

Surfer

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

See here

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?Threadid=285238&SortBy=DESC&ShowDeleted=Yes

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

With regards to your back surgery, I had a double fusion 6 weeks ago. On Thanksgiving morning I took the dogs out and carried my SxS. I shot several Pheasant ans Quail and had no discomfort in my back AT ALL. I would like to know waht problems you were having after such a long time since your surgery.