1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Users

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RiverSide, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverSide

RiverSide Member

Have a PFS on a K-80 Unsingle (34), that I've been using for about 3 months. After 200 hundred targets my wrist starts to hurt, just wondered if any other users were having that same problem? If so, what changes did you make? I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs. - right handed shooter. ( recoil is set at about 1/2" travel and LOP is 15").
    Thanks in Advance for your responses.

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I would suggest you try to tighten the recoil travel a bit more. As your set, your absorbing the initial recoil with your hand. I had the problem of it jumping out of my hand on firing (too much travel) until I got it set right. If that doesn't work, call Vern Brown, I'm sure he can help.

Big Jack

3. JES

JES Member

I shoot one on a 2000RS the only time I had a problem the recoil had loosened up. The problem may have been Tucson the fine dust, shooting in Southern Cal never had a problem with the recoil. Tightened it all the way down backed off about 4 turns working fine now.

4. zinger

zinger Member

JES, make sure the big set screw is installed after you make your adjustment to the recoil. That will prevent it from loosening. It should be in your toolkit.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

My wife has a PFS on her Beretta and had the same problem. After a call to Vern Brown it was fixed.
    Set the stock so it travels 1/8 to 1/4 inch of travel. This will stop the gun gun from moving and twisting on recoil. It will also make it fell better in the recoil. Make sure all screw are tight and the big stop nut in the stock is set all the way down to the set screw. Don't over tighten the set nut because you will change the recoil setting by making it tighter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.