1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS TMX Mating problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomward, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomward

tomward TS Member

Generaly it is thought that a TM1 and a TMX stock are interchangeable and I have had some that are. However, when trying to install a PFS on a TMX I find that the bolt hole is drilled at a different angle on a TMX and the PFS will not fit properly to a TMX. I called Vern Brown and he said that he knows this to be the case although he said he talked to the Perazzi people and they denied it. Never the less I have for the fourth time tried to fit a PFS on a TMX to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know of a resolution? A different bushing in the stock would solve the problem but Vern said the demand does not justify the expense of cerating this bushing. Tom Ward

2. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

Tom, try to find one of the original molded grips for the TM-1 or TMX not the latter ones that were machined and see if that works.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Vern is probaly not going to like my suggestion.......... But if were me, I think I would take my grip to a machinist and have him elongate the stock bolt hole in the grip, if this doesn't set well with you; then I would contact Stocker John and him make a wooden grip that's hand fitted.

I have or have had seven TM series guns, two TMX, one TMX-S three TM-1's and one TMS. My PFS fit all seven with no issues. The only thing I can think of, Perazz's tang bolt drill jig drifted and they went ahead and used the receivers. If this happend, the bolt hole in the stock may have requied a small adjutment. I can't belive the bolt hole is off by much, maybe a few thousandths.

Surfer

4. tomward

tomward TS Member

5. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Tom: Can't go first class on second class budget!!!!

Doyal

6. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Tom: E-mail address U listed doesn't work. Send me e-mail.

Doyal

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Tom, could you tell me if it does not fit on at all or is it an alignment or too tight of a fit. Please elaborate on the problem you are experiencing. Thanks Jeff

8. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

maybe you should wait for mating season, as we all know how fussy those italians can be

9. tomward

tomward TS Member

Doyal, When did I reach second class status?

Cyrus, the grip goes on perfectly the problem is that the bolt hole in the grip does not align with the bolt hole in the receiver. It is off by about a 32nd of an inch and is drilled at a different angle.

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Would drive me crazy, (1/2 there way anyway). Is this a TMX or a TMX Special.

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

You could drill the hole out big enough for it to work and then epoxy in a sleeve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.