1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Tension Setting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bluerock1, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

What tension setting are you using for which shells. Mine has about 1/2" of thread showing with the set screw in place. I shoot 1 1/8 light 8's at singles/doubles and 1 1/8 Nitros at caps. This seems about right, what do you think.
    BR1

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I called Vern about the settings. I had purchased used PFS. He told me. With adjusting screw turned out until flush with the threads then turned in 15 full turns is about the factory setting The top of the adjuster screw DO not take apart. I started there and since have turn or out the screw 5 turns to soften the recoil. This seems to be working for me. With all loads. love the PFS. For me it was a matter of money why I got it. I shoot lefty and have had nmo luck finding a gun that fit me well out of the box so to speak. A Full custom stock is out of my budget. Recoil was not a issue with me, but with that opption built into the PFS, Learned to love it fast. Shoot a round with A pfs then jump onto your old pump gun and you will see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.