1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot a XT last night with a PFS and thought it was extremely well fit. I'd like to hear of your opinions. The new price is certainly up there and it certainly doesn't improve the looks any. But I guess that's not what a PFS is for. I'm considering a used one for a BT-100 Browning. Price is going to be a factor.

2. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

I have a PFS and love it. You may find a used one for couple of hundred less than a new one. One caveat...there is NO PFS grip made for the BT 100.

Chris

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Like chris said no bt 100 grip for a pfs.If your the dave p from canton,il i have a gracoil on my bt 100,when st.david starts up send me a pm and i,ll meet you there and you can try the gracoil out.it is not for sale but you can see what you think of a gracoil.

jim

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

PFS are the most adjustable recoil reducers available. They are also very forgiving concerning recoil. I would not purchase anything else. Not pretty, but they work.

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If your looking for a thing of beauty, keep looking. The PFS is one fine way to have a perfectly fit stock. It takes a bit of patience and some fine adjusting but you'll end up with a perfect fit.

Big Jack

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Do any of the big dogs use them??Just wondering---SJB

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

You can have your own stock grip used to install a PFS stock.

8. elinvar

elinvar Member

Mike Obert won the 100,000$ Martin challenge using a PFS.
    I would consider him a big dog now.

Terry Jones

9. rdland

rdland TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dave,

I just started shooting a PFS and am impressed with it. The adjustability and the recoil reduction is amazing. I am very hard to fit. I am 6' 4", long necked, long armed and have a head the size of a watermelon. After several trips to the patterning board and some tweaking here and there, I got the PFS to fit in a relatively short period of time. One of the disadvantages of the adjustability of the PFS is that I have seen many shooters have a bad day with one and instantly start readjusting the PFS when the problem was form, weather or just a bad day which we all have. I have also seen shooters do the same with adjustable combs and adjustable recoil reduction systems on a wood stock.

Agreed, the PFS is not made for its aesthetics. Mine has been referred to as a prosthesis and “robo stock.” I do however; think the higher numbers on my score sheet since I started using it are pretty. I have guns with extra fancy wood that I admire. But I also like my PFS. Vern Brown (PFS) is a good guy, has provided me excellent customer service and a shooter that is hard to fit (like myself) can get one in the fraction of the time that it would take to have a custom stock made.

Trap shooters have their preferences and opinions and the PFS is not for everybody. If you find a way to get one on your gun or another gun that PFS makes a grip for and decide that you don’t like it. It won’t last long if you put it up for sale on this site.

10. Dave P

Thank you all for your thoughts and info.

11. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Vern was a lot of help and worked with me for several hours. 2 years later I was still not able to adjust to the movement. It is gone, my preference.

12. eightbore

I do not use the "movement" part of my PFS. I have also posted that the PFS can be adapted to guns that PFS does not fit by using the PFS wood grip that one of our posters will make from your own gun grip or an extra stock that you have laying around the house.

13. pitandberetta

pitandberetta Member

"I do not use the "movement" part of my PFS. I have also posted that the PFS can be adapted to guns that PFS does not fit by using the PFS wood grip that one of our posters will make from your own gun grip or an extra stock that you have laying around the house. "

Which poster is that, if you don't mind sharing?

14. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I brought the VDT thread 'wooden grips for PFS+cheek pieces" back to the top. Ron

15. eightbore

I am not sure, but assume that the gun still has to be a through bolt gun.

16. eightbore

I am not sure, but assume that the gun still has to be a through bolt gun.

17. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Contact vdt by private message. He is very easy to communicate with. If he can't do it, you need to talk to Ruck at Bump Buster. I have one of his units on a Browning Broadway and it has made a huge difference. Ruck is also easy to communicate with. Ron

18. Dave P

Can someone give me a contact for the grip you talk about. PFS doesn't make a stock for the BT-100 as mentioned above.

19. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

vdt is Victor Tomlinson. He is North of the border at 905-690-2482. I'm going to send a private message to you. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
pfs stock or wood stock

pfs stocks