1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS stock ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLIP, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLIP

FLIP Member

has been looking at some of them, my question is do all of them have that little bit of movement that i have notice up and down holding it at the but pad?

2. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Mine has some up & down movement but I think some clearance is necessary to prevent binding or stiction when the unit cycles. I have had trouble with the anti-rotation rod coming loose, even with the set screw backed up behind it & I think that may contribute to some of the movement. I've put some blue Loctite on the rod & set screw so I'll see how this works. John

3. FLIP

FLIP Member

4. petey

petey Member

someone told me that Jeff at Kolar had made a brace that clamps on the two rods (bottom and top) and takes the up and down movement away. Does anyone know if Vern make something like this?

Pete

5. yansica1

yansica1 Member

When I spoke to Alan Rhone who is the main importer for Krieghoff/PFS over in the UK about this very subject he told me that a tiny movement is unavoidable but that excessive movement, say a couple of mm, is caused by the allen screws on the part that secures the length adjustment not being tight enough.

I sent mine for a service and he did indeed cure it. It`s worth mentioning that prior to getting rid of this movement I had no issues with the gun in terms of scores, it was just a little off putting. I have also had the other problem mentioned by another poster regarding the thin top bar working loose from time to time but although annoying, it is easy to fix/re-tighten. Personally not keen on locktite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.