1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Stock Weight

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WillieB, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillieB

WillieB TS Member

A bit of help would be appreciated by an Aussie trapshooter. Can anyone tell me if the PFS can be adjusted for weight so the same balance point of the gun with the original furniture can be maintained. If so by what means? There is no mention of this in the instruction book I downloaded. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the new "Ultimate" comb is and how it differs from the old standard one. There are very few of these stocks here and those that are seem to be in the hands of skeet shooters - which I am not. Thanks Will.

2. zinger

zinger Member

Hi Will, the older PFS came with a 3oz and 6oz screw in weight. I don't know what the new one's use but would guess it to be close to the 6oz. I have the Ultimate Fit comb on my gun and like it. It allows a more precision fit of your cheek on the comb because the lower part of your cheek isn't on the comb. By not having the lower part of your cheek on the comb, there's no extra movement of your face caused by the skin moving. It also will allow for more offset than you can get with just the stock alone if you need it. I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

3. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Willie B

WRT, the balancing weights on the new generation PFS stock you can screw 2 weights into the downgrange side of the butt plate. I don't know how heavy they are.

The new generation of PF Stock has 2 holes in the mounting frams so you can set it up with cast on or cast off. The ultimate Fit Comb is an aftermarket add on that converts the PFS comb to a traditional 4-way comb--also allows additional cast on/off. PFS Stock website link included here. You can copy/paste into your browser. http://www.precisionfitstocks.com/index.htm

One of the tabs on the PFS website has contact info for Verne Brown. E-mail or cell phone.

Good Luck
    Gavin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pfs stock weight