1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Stock- Tension setting for doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to how many turns out from dead stop you are setting your PFS stock for doubles.

When I set mine up, I just set it for feel, consequently I have no clue how many turns from dead stop I am. I will find out in the morning though, as I feel like i want to tighten it up a bit.

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have been shooting my PFS stock at 1 turn out from full lock for all me shooting. It just feels right for me.

3. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Mine came from the factory with 10 turns out. I have slowly reduced it to 4 turns out and there still seems to be too much movement which causes me problems with the second target on doubles (gun comes loose from shoulder). I increased the LOP slightly, which helped some, but I don't want to increase LOP any more. I just set mine to 1 turn out and will try it later this week when I go to the club. With 1 turn out it is much firmer, but there is still about 3/16" of travel.

4. skeet_man

I was @ 12.5 turns, w/ about 1/2" movement. I adjusted to 7 turns, and have about half the movement now. Will see how that plays out shooting. One turn didn't even allow movement for me.

5. zinger

zinger Member

Ian, I used to have mine set soft also until Vern told me to put the 10 turns out from bottom. It made a huge difference. I wouldn't, and probably couldn't go the one turn like those above..lol

6. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

"One turn didn't even allow movement for me."

I double checked mine and it is about 1&1/2 turns out and I'm getting 3/16" travel.

7. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I have a RAD II & a Bump Buster on other shotguns & they both move about 3/16 to
    1/4". I think the key is to experiment with different setting to see what works for you......I now have mine set up about 5 turns out from bottom & don't really feel the movement of the gun when shooting.

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

you should take a look at my doubles lock up unite sold several saves playing with tension and taking off pad mount

9. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

get one of those doubles lock up things , thats the key , 2 minutes on and 2 minutes off very simple

10. skeet_man

I plan on keeping things the same for everything. Plus, I'm in a mode right now where I'm trying to shave weight off my gun, and I'd think one of those lockups would be 4-6oz anyways...

11. vdt

vdt Active Member

will put one on my scales tomorrow,remember it is on the rear of gun,do not believe you would No it was there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.