1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Stock Pitch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have two different pitch spacers with my PFS. Now, I am not using either of them but I do like to experiment.

Pat Ireland

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

mine is a older one,it was made with " o " and that is what i like....vdt

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The real beauty of the PFS is the ability to set it up as YOU need it! Jake

4. Doug H

Doug H TS Member

I use a tapered spacer that Vern Brown included when he fitted the stock to me. Without the spacer I was not getting maximum contact on my shoulder.

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

To add more fuel to the fire, "no" pitch seems to be somewhat common on many guns, which is a mistake, in my opinion. I have found that at least an inch or two of pitch is necessary to fit the majority of shooters who use the correct gun mount with the butt in the shoulder pocket and the heel of the stock even with the top of the shoulder.

The "correct" ("best" might be a better word to use) pitch can vary depending on where on the shoulder the gun is mounted, the presence or absense of cast- at-the-toe on the stock and the amount, if any, forward lean that used by the shooter.

As Doug H mentioned, the correct pitch is necessary to give the recoil pad the greatest surface contact with the shoulder to spread the rearward recoil force over the greatest possible area of the pad. "Pushed" is better than "poked".

When there is inadequate pitch, the bottom toe of the pad sticks out too far. This increases barrel rise during recoil, and when excessive, can raise a gun's POI. It is also especially uncomfortable for women.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.