1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Skins Hydrodipping Special

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Rich219, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For the month of August I'm going to offer $25 off on any Hydro work on PFS skins sets. Normal price is $125, so $100 will cover it during August. Return shipping and insurance extra.

I got a a set of these in a few weeks back and they turned out better than I could ever had imagined. If I didn't know they were plastic I would had guessed they were wood!

rich219_2009_2508141.jpg

rich219_2009_2508140.jpg

I have about two dozen films in stock, if I don't have the film in stock I will special order it for no extra charge.
    Turn around time is running 4-5 weeks for me right now.

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

0   0   0

Nice work.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks!

4. drejw2

drejw2 Member

0   0   0

Rich, I just purchased a full set including a forend that has been dipped. The paint is wearing off and scrapped, I touched it up and put a clear coat on top of it. I think it needs to be stripped back to the bone, fixing imperfection, and repainted. Can you do that? how durable is this finish?
    regards,

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If done properly (as with any finish prep work is very important) it is as durable as an automotive finish.

Best way to strip it would be to blast it with a very non-aggressive media at a very light PSI that will be enough to just remove the current finish and get it back to the original plastic.

This could be done before being dipped.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Rich, can you do synthetic bolt-action rifle stocks? I have some from Remington 700s and would be interested in having one done.

Also, would applying a semi-gloss automotive clear coat add enough protection to make it worthwhile?

Ed

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, just about anything can be dipped. The only things that don't really dip well are soft or spongy materials like a soft rubber.

All items are clearcoated after they are dipped. The above were done with a semi gloss, which I think looks a lot better than a high gloss on gun stocks.

8. magic

magic Member

0   0   0

Do you have other wood grains available? Also I would like to have one done as well as the forend wood, what does that cost?

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, I have 7-8 wood patterns here and can special order about 30 additional patterns.

Total cost for the skins and a forearm would be $140 plus shipping and insurance (optional).

I will send you a PM with a link to the wood grains my supplier carries.

10. Flatsboat

Flatsboat TS Member

0   0   0

Rich, I'm surprised you posted photos of my two grips and combs I sent you on June 6,in your hands June 8th and I'm still waiting for them to arrive Aug 3rd. There in the mail but your 3 week turn around you claimed on your original post didn't come close. Gerry

11. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gerry,

Check your PMs I sent you tracking info 2 days ago.

I try to estimate turn around time as accurately as I can but estimating lead times can be difficult to forecast with incoming and outgoing orders. I lost a week to get the one film from my supplier and then ran behind 2 weeks.

12. Flatsboat

Flatsboat TS Member

0   0   0

Rich, the grips arrived today shortly after I replied to the post. Eight weeks is really a long time when you stated 3, you also lost my address, sent me two different PM's one on July 3 stating you'll have the parts finished by the end of next week,then July 19 you sent me another PM stating you should send in the next 1-2 days via Fed X, parts arrive Aug 3 so I have good reason to be upset. What I'm most disappointed and prompted me to reply is how the color for one of the grips turned out, I picked out a light/black gunstock pattern see the sample, compared to the finished product. What I got back is not even close to how the pattern looks???? Not having a phone number to contact you or an email, PM's fall short for communication. Gerry
    flatsboat_2009_301126.jpg

flatsboat_2009_301127.jpg

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gerry,

Not that it makes a difference but it was 7 weeks, not 8. And originally I had said 3-4 weeks but mentioned 3 weeks in a PM because I thought I could sneak the one burl pattern in with another batch of items being dipped in the same pattern.

Let me know how you want me to take care of the pattern that you did not like.

Unfortunately I cannot control dialot variances in paint base coats and films, everything is based off of the the spec sheet provided by the film manufacturers. Just like if you went to Home Depot and picked out a paint swatch, if you were to actually purchase that color you are most likely going to notice some difference.

The problem with the sample photos is they are all digitally rendered images. The film manufacturers/distributors don't (unfortunately) supply sample photos of actual dipped items for every one of their available patterns.

I may have forgot to include my email with one of our PMs but my email address is all over the forum, but yes I should had given you my direct email or phone.

If you want to have a conversation about how you feel I wronged you then you can PM me but I'm not going to have an ongoing discussion in this thread about how we can settle your grievances.

Delays happen and like previously mentioned I try to forecast my lead times as accurately as I can. Things happen, order take longer/shorter times to get in and out than expected and all of these things factor into my actual output time. Delivery time of special order films also sometimes take a week to 10 days depending on how quick my supplier ships but usually I receive them in as little as 3 days.

14. easyloader

easyloader TS Member

0   0   0

Rich, Please contact me at 503 644-3493. I need to repaint my pfs and forearm. Thank you, Bill

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The test of a buisness is sometimes measured not by the things that go right but how the company handles it when things go south. I am impressed how you are handling the situation above Rich. Offering not to argue but to make things right. Bravo.

Just Say'n........

16. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bill,

I will give you a call tomorrow afternoon. I have to make a run to the city in the morning and will be back some time in mid afternoon.

grntitan,

Thanks for the comment. At the end of the day I try to handle things like I would like them to be handled if I was on the other end of the transaction.

It does bother me that the product wasn't to Gerry's liking but obviously the other PFS skin I did for him was. I would like to think that we could agree that the quality of workmanship on the products was acceptable but there were problems with a few weeks delay and a discrepancy in the dialot. I do stand behind anything I put out and in this situation I would had been more than happy to redo the dip.

17. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Rich
    Did you do the chckering on the grips in the pix?
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

18. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No, I didn't do the checkering.

19. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If I decide to send my PFS for dipping, will all communication be by PM from a forum? What country are you working from? Does your business have a name or address or website?

20. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PMs can take me a few days to reply to depending on what is going on. My email is linked to my phone so emails are usually responded to within 5-10 minutes.

I'm out of NY and can foward my FFL license if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.