1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS setup for singles, Handicap, and Doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Do you use the same setting on the recoil mechanism on your PFS for singles, handicap, and doubles? Does the stock movement between shots bother you? Is this movement something that I will get used to in time? How much travel do you have in your stock when the shot is fired?

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use the same set up. The PFS moves about 1/4" more then enough for me.
    I still have a soft recoil yet firm enough for the second shot.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I don't change mine and it is set fairly stiff. I don't notice anything when shooting doubles. VDT has a device that blocks the stock from collapsing when shooting doubles. Bill Malcolm

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Personally I don't change mine. You can very easily stiffen it up for doubles if you want.. Initially the movement bothered me on doubles but now I don't notice it.

Don

5. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Thanks fellas for your responses. I have tried my PFS at 10 screw turns (original setting), 3 screw turns (3/16" travel), 15 turns (3/4" travel), and at 23 screw turns (1" travel).

I think that I am leaning toward the 3 screw turns (3/16" travel) as the setting that is probably the best for me. I like the soft recoil when I have it set for 3/4" to 1" travel, but it feels like it is still moving back into position when I am ready to take the second shot on doubles. When it is set for 3/16" travel the recoil is somewhat sharper, but there is no feeling that the stock is still moving when I shoot the second target in doubles. I really prefer having one setup for my PFS for the 3 different events (singles, HC, doubles) and then I plan to leave it alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pfs singles