1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Recoil device

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herman63, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman63

Herman63 Member

I just purchased a new PFS.

Is it suppose to be adjustable enough to make it un colapsable.

The one I got will stiffen up some but no were near what I thought it would.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Read the directions. You can adjust it for how ever much collapse you want.

It is the most adjustable stock on the market.

Hauxfan!

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I believe it is all in practice. I have mine set quite loose...I don't want any felt recoil, if possible. Yet, when I pull the gun up a grip it tight I am able to put enough rearward pressure to feel comfortable and solid and not colapse the unit. Keep trying.

JON

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have mine on the tight side so the gun cannot collapse all the way which is when you will feel recoil ... The stocks ability to absorb recoil when set right is outstanding and better than anything else I have personally ever tried ... I would guess you can tighten it enough to make it where it will not collapse but not sure it would serve a purpose if set like that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. zinger

zinger Member

Herman, Call Vern if you have any problems and he'll be glad to help you out.

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I have to echo zinger's comments ... call Vern Brown. The product is outstanding and so is the customer service. Vern will look after you. I have linked the web site above and the contact information is there. Call Vern's cell number. Bill Malcolm

7. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Thank you all for the help and advice.

I have called Vern and he is out of town in Alaska.

I shot it again yesturday and shot my best score on singles for over two years.

There is a reg shot coming up in middletwon and hoping to have this fix by then and am sure I will.

Thanks again, Herman63 from KY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.