1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS..recoil adjustment for 1-1/8oz loads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

How have you folks got your PFS stocks set up for recoil reduction? By that I mean what process did you go through when you started first using the PFS to get used to the movement while at the same time getting the recoil reduction that you needed? Did you start out with the recoil screw set at 1 turn out (as mine is now) and then gradually increase the turns out on the recoil setting screw to gradually allow more and more travel? Did you reach a point where you decided that you had it set too soft and it had too much travel? Was there a learning curve that you went through in getting used to the movement or travel of the stock under recoil?

I'm just trying to understand what process you folks who have been using the PFS for a long time used to get it set up correctly.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I started out hard and gradually made the unit softer until it was to soft. Then I backed it up about 1/2 turn. It's been that way ever since.

3. thunder

thunder Active Member

Start at around 10 - 13 turns off of bottomed out and then shoot and adjust lighter until you a bounce off the shoulder, then tighten a half turn to a turn at a time until the barrel stays straight on firing with no rise and no shoulder bounce. This works the best for me. The worst you can do is set it so light that you get the pad to bounce off of your shoulder pocket.

Good luck and you will love it, best stock out their for recoil reduction that I have used. I have not used the ProSoft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.