1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

They work very well, but still need to fit you. You may need a pitch spacer or two as face slap is usually caused by a pitch issue. If you buy a used PFS at the right price, you will be able to sell it for what you paid. The newer ones have two holes for the top rod, which will give more cast. I like mine, but didn't buy it for a recoil issue. Bill Malcolm

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

next thing too sliced bread

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Im a lefty also, I did not buy a PFS for recoil reduction. I bought one because it was the most affordable custom fit stock I could find. The recoil reduction is a bonus. It took me a little while to get used to the movement.
    Also another thing I really like about it. The comb stays put on my cheak. Before when shooting several hundred rounds the factory wood stock would rash my cheak. I bought my PFS used. for a browning XT. only issue I had is I like a little palm swell. PFS grip I have has none. Also the grip to trigger length could be a tad shorter for me. I solved my issue with some expoxy putty and molded my own palm swell and finger grooves. keeps my hand in place.

The pitch spacers are a must for me. My gun with out the pitch spacer shooting from the top barrel the muzzle rises right up. I am still trying to find the sweet spot on the pitch spacer. I think im where a want to be. maybe a tad bit more. I will shoot the rest of the year the way it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.