1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hauxfan, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'm asking for a friend who has no computer access.

He bought an older model and while he really likes it, he was wondering if the new Ultimate comb would fit it?

Thanks for your answers in advance, because I know someone on this site will come forth with the answer.

Hauxfan!

PS.........See Likes-to-shoot, I don't know everything......lol

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I think the main difference between the older model & the newer ones is the ability to "offset" the stock with the addition of an additional hole to move the comb further to the right, so the UFC should fit.......I know that anytime I've had questions about mine I just call Vern Brown & he is always eager to help with his product.

3. Hauxfan

Thanks Hunter, I'll leave this thread up tonight and see what the general consensus is, and then I just may call Vern tomorrow. Or at least send him an email.

Hauxfan!

4. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Hauxfan, I have three older PF Stocks and I have an Ultimate Fit Comb on each of them. The UFC works well with higher ribs and I have added ribs to the top of the original ribs on my guns. The UFC may offer a little bit more side to side adjustment for those of us "full faced fellers" also. I like mine and feel they were worth the investment. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

5. Hauxfan

Thanks, MiShot, I'll pass that important info along to my computer challenged friend.

Any idea on what the cost would be to convert it to the Ultimate?

Hauxfan!

6. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

The conversion job is no problem as it just involves removing the old comb and putting the UFC on. It is easy, even for a mechanically challenged person as myself. I'm guessing that the UFC costs $125.00 to $150.00. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

7. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I believe the UFC costs $160 new from Vern Brown but you can usually pick up a used one for less if you keep watching for them.......Good Luck!

8. Hauxfan

Thanks Guys, I'll pass the info on to my friend and then the ball can be back in his court.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.