1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS or soft touch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by machine, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machine

machine TS Member

hello I have a browning that kicks like a mule. so Im in dibate of geting a

precision fit stock or a soft touch. please give me your opinion.

thanks zac

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like PFS

Pat Ireland

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Zac,

Are you talking about recoil or cheek slap?

Do yourself a favor - shoot a gun with a PFS on it. Your decision will be made for you.

Recoil can be reduced by employing a variety of devices but the PFS doesn't just reduce recoil, it virtually eliminates it.

Now if what you are experiencing is cheek slap and you think a soft touch is going to cure it then think again - you have a gun fit problem.

And that the PFS will absolutely cure.

PFS all the way - it's a no brainer!

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The PFS is less money. Last time I checked, a soft touch with all the frills was about $1,200.00 and a month or so of down time. A new PFS can be had for about $1,100.00 with no down time. In the advent that you change guns, you can take the PFS with you.

If I were to go the route of a soft touch, I would go with a G2 shockmaster. I found it to be more to my liking and a bit less money than the soft touch system.

Another route would be having Ken Rucker install one of his new Bump-Busters that moves the comb with it. I have shot an XT with the first version (just recoil reducer like a Graco or RAD) and found it to be the best of that style that I've shot to date.

Don't get into a hurry about this. Take some time to research exactly what you want.

My personal experience is that a PFS is the best hands down. If I wasn't buying a PFS then I would have Ken install one of his Bump-Busters.

ec90t

5. machine

machine TS Member

does anbody know any PFS dealers. i have had a lot of people tell me a PFS

hands down. but somebody said to me that PFS had to many adjustments and the

screws will loosen, is this true.

6. machine

machine TS Member

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

There are a lot of screws, just check them every so often, I just got mine, so far its sweet. Little odd feeling at first. I tried several other types of recoil reducers, Kens Bumpbuster was at the top of my list(sorry Ken) Until I came across a used unit at a reasonable price. Ken if you read this, still sending you another stock for adjustable comb job.

8. machine

machine TS Member

thanks. ec90t I checked the PFS web site and it is $1295

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

LOL, Mac!! No hard feelings....you may still come around and want one of mine someday.....I've had 2 customers this week call to tell me my system is superior to the PFS's they were using......you kow what they say "different strokes".....

Ken Rucker

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Machine,

Contact Steve at Indiana Gun Club. He has by far the best price out there. You'll get a better price than going direct, believe it or not.

Ken,

You have a wonderful system and I will have one of your systems installed as soon as I make up my mind on what gun I'm keeping!

ec90t

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Thanks, ec90t!!! I'll be happy to help when you are ready.

Ken

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

machine- I would suggest you support the PFS dealer that advertises on this site and makes excellent posts in these threads. If you look back, you will find high praise for Bob Schultz by others who have done business with him. Just look for Target Shotguns in the advertisements in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

And yes, the PFS has several screws because it has a lot of adjustments. I have never had any of them work lose. I wish I could say that for the screws inside my head.

Pat Ireland

13. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Machine - Somebody gave you a bunch of bull! Many adjustments IS true - you can make it fit perfectly. But, that is not difficult. I've had mine going on 4 years, shoot a lot, and I have had NO problem with screws coming loose. It is FAR better than the other systems (I have had 3 different ones). You will love it!

14. Cray

Cray Member

I agree with Pat Ireland. Cray

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Nobody has mentioned the obvious, so I will. The PFS is a complete stock, and your original stock remains unaltered, so if you decide to sell the gun, you can put the original stock back on and keep your PFS (or sell it separately).

All the other systems are alterations to your original stock. Of these, the G-squared Shockmaster is the best and the lightest - but not the cheapest.

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have both the G-Squared and the PFS. Apples and Oranges. The PFS is by far the best unit of the two.

17. zinger

zinger Member

Zac, if you shoot at Elysburg, stop by our camper at the Keystone Open and we'll let you shoot one of ours. I think if you shoot one, it'll make up your mind for you.
    ec90t, Steve cannot sell a new unit for less than Vern sets the price at. All dealers sell new PFS for the exact same price. $1295+shipping.
    And Pat's right, I've shot mine for the past 7yrs and hardly ever have anything come loose. I don't even carry a toolkit with me. Kim Bateman

18. laura!

laura! Member

Machine, I have a PFS and my husband has a soft touch. We are equally happy with our stocks. I have not shot his because he has a release trigger. He has shot mine and feels the recoil reduction is about the same. The PFS is cheaper, more adjustable and can go from gun to gun. The soft touch is in one sweet looking piece of wood. I'd say it comes down to looks and $$. Either stock will make shooting a LOT more enjoyable.

Laura

19. machine

machine TS Member

thanks everyone I went with the PFS and ordered one a few nights ago

20. laura!

laura! Member

Mr Big Bore,

What kind of comb do you have on the one in the upper left corner?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ken rucker bump buster vs soft touch

pfs shoot