1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS or Shockmaster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Anyone use both? Preference? Which reduces recoil more? Problems? Beginning to look at a 682 so will need a recoil reducer.

Thanks.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Can only comment on the PFS. They really are a joy to shoot. Tons of adjustment to get that custom feel. No recoil at all.

3. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

PFS is almost too soft.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Joe,,,,in what way and what does it do???/

5. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

The light impact on your shoulder sometimes makes you wonder if you are really shooting the 3+ dram loads you thought you put in the box.

They are easy to adjust from a slowww squish to a firm thump.

I think the fact that they are adjustable for fit also makes the recoil seem less.

jmho

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have both. The PFS has a lot more adjustment. The Shockmaster has a softer recoil. The PFS can be moved to different guns by replacing the grip. The Shockmaster only works on the gun its installed in. My PFS is on a Ljutic and the Shockmaster is on a Beretta 682.

7. Salt

Salt Member

I have a PFS on my BT-99 and using it there is no recoil. Also, all the fit adjustments that can be made make this a very versatile stock. Extremely pleased that I bought the PSF. Sunday I put 125 rounds (2 3/4 dram loads) through the gun and didn't feel any different than if I was shooting my .410.

Larry

tt

8. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I have owned both and currently shoot the shockmaster. The adjustments are not as easy as pfs but the recoil is adjustable to just get a small push with 3 dram. jim w.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.