1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS or Custom Stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

I have a couple of guns that I'm thinkin about restocking and I'm wondering about the PFS verses the custom built stock. It would surely be cheaper to put a PFS stock on but I'm wondering if I would be able to get the fit compared to the custom stock.Any ideas out there?

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

PFS way more adjustable and if you can't get a good fit you have major problems. Plus the recoil reduction.

Good shooting.

Don

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

PFS is the way to go. YOU can get any fit you want. If you think you have it right and in a few week you need to do a small adjustment you can.
    After a year with the PFS you should know were you are with the fit. Then you can get a nice chunk of wood and a recoil device to make it look better.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

PFS

Pat Ireland

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

I really like the PFS but I need 3/4" of cast off and could not get it - so I had my factory stock modified.

I have a PFS on my gf's BT-99 and she loves it.

Unless you need excessive cast, the PFS is a great option. After a year or two of fiddling, if you really want a nice piece of wood, you will be able to take the critical dimensions off the PFS and get something made that looks better - but it will not fit/shoot better.

Vern is very good to deal with. You cannot go wrong with the product or the man behind it.

Don Verna

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i have a ljutic pfs complete for sale if you are interested. i have another one on my other gun. they are grea and completely adjustable. The one nice thing is that if you don;t like it, thne sell it and all the other person needs is as different grip for the proper gun. If you have a custom wood stock made it is really hard to make slight sdjustments, and if you go to sell the gun the stock may NOT fit the next person. The your stuck and a bunch of money on the shelf.

7. butcher

butcher Member

wILL IT FIT ANY lJUTIC? i HAVE A MONO. wHAT ARE YOU ASKING AND IS IT THE NEW MODEL WITH ALL OF THE GOODIES?
    mY e-MAIL IS rrr.don&mary@heart.net

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

One other thought. With a PFS you can make adjustments for when you finally go on that cardio diet and loose that 75 pounds. I have also used a PFS to allow me to prove a theory on my guns fit or my shooting style to myself before I whittled on the stock.

Shoot Well

--- Chip King ---

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

PFS, hands down!!! Now keep your original wood and if you ever want to sell gun or PFS, sell them seperately and get all your money back. You can spend $400-$500 on a adj. comb and adj. butt plate, now try to get your money back on those when you go to sell off gun "NOT". Try that with a custom piece of wood "NOT'. Break-em all. Jeff

10. BUFFALO SOLDIER

BUFFALO SOLDIER Member

custom all the way a pfs is ugly and its easier to get a stock that is custom made for you by a stock maker instead of trying to fit it yourself

jim

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

PFS- $1300 New Resale: at least 70%

Custom Stock- ~$3500 New Resale: 30% if your lucky

They're always be people out there that the PFS just can't work for. For the other 95% of people, PFS wins hands down. As long as it shoots well, I really don't care how a gun or stock looks...

Try the PFS first, if you don't like it, get a custom stock made. Do it the other way around, and you are going to take a BATH when it comes time to sell the custom stock...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.