1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS on a BT99 Plus?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

What is the best option for putting a pfs on a long-tang trigger guard bt99? The three options I can come up with that i believe i've read about before are cutting the original trigger guard, inletting the pfs grip for the original trigger guard, or buying a new style short tang trigger guard (will this work?). What is the best and most viable option?

2. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

skeet-man... My brother has a PFS on a Plus and it looks great (unreal paint job). As I remember he inlet the stock but it will work either way you described. If you want to see how his worked-out let me know and we might be able to meet you over at 4Point some night (I'm only 3 miles away he's in Churchville). I sometimes stop over there and shoot a couple of rounds of trap on Thursdays.

Rich V...

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rich- Thanks for the info. The stock isn't for me actually, but one of my customers. Maybe we'll meet @ 4pt some time, I haven't been out there in a while since i've traveling all shooting season, but might shoot out tnight.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The new style trigger guard will make it work perfect..plus you have a choice of finishes and grades right from Browning...Blue,..nickel..engraved with titanium nitride..even a golden clays with some gold embellishment if you want to bling it up

5. vatrap

vatrap Member

If you have an extra trigger guard or can get one, cutting the original works fine. I cut a grove in the back inlet of the stock to allow the cut down guard to have a slight notch to hold it in place and left it long enough to have a little tension on it when you tighten the grip to the receiver.

Calvin,

How do you attach the back of the new style guard to the grip? I looked at a couple of pictures when I did mine (didn't have access to a new one at the time to look at)and the pictures looked like there is a pin that holds it in the receiver on the new style.

Mike

6. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Ian... I was mistaken. I spoke to my brother last night and he did not inlet the trigger guard. He cut it off and used some two sided tape to secure the end. You'd never know and he has not had any problems. BTW... we will both be at 4Point on Sept. 12 or 13 for the Inland Waters kick-off. We might see you then.

Rich V...

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

you have to dril and tap one little hole at the very back of the underside of the receiver..if you can look at a new style 99 with the stock off you will see exactly where it needs to be..my brother fixed his up in 10 minutes...look on Brownings exploded parts schematic the blow up the view...easy to see how to take care off

8. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I bought a used short trigger guard for my son's gun. Worked fine. Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt99 with pfs