1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS lop reduction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun1357, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Sometimes I like to shoot a shorter stock as in Winter or fast moving targets like high two and low six. I also have some grandkids who are starting to show an interest in shooting shotguns. Has anyone successfully shortened the large shock absorbing unit on their PFS stock? I have been told that shorter ones are not available from the manufacturer. Ron

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

LOP is one of the completely adjustable features of the PFS....

I've succesfully shortened and lengthened the LOP on mine many times.

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Perhaps I wasn't clear. After I shorten the lop as far as it can go, I am still about half an inch longer than I want to be. I tried a thin recoil pad and it felt good until I pulled the trigger. Ron

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Contact Vern Brown, maybe he can provide a shorter sleeve for the LOP adjustment. I think they will only go to approx. 13" LOP at the shortest.

Good Luck!

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They make a ladies/junior model that will go down to 12".

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

You are correct on the 13". On a cold and stormy day in San Antonio, I am looking for 12.5 inches or so. Glad I am not out at National for the World sporting clays shoot. Ron

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I couldn't find anything about it on their website. Do they sell the shorter tube separately? Apparently the dealer I talked to was not familiar with the shorter model. Ron

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Even if they would sell the tube separately, it would take some doing to swap it out, and would probably be cost prohibitive. You'd need to contact Vern Brown @ Precision Fit, he'd be the only person that would know if the short tube could be retrofit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.