1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pfs like or dislike?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RAScott, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAScott

RAScott Member

I am installing the pfs stock and wonder how people feel about the use, and if they like the stocks. i had added a keensite rib to get my single barrel height the same as the double barrel height, and my scores went down. my head was at an angle when shooting the single barrel. now my head is more upright but my face is not locked on the stock.so i figured that i would use my pfs thati had already. i mounted it and adjusted it now waiting to shoot it.

2. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I liked they way the pfs worked and fit but HATED the slippery grip. Found I had to wear gloves which I hated. The grips are different for different guns. Mine was for a Beretta and had wavy raised lines. Others have checkering which is probably a lot better.

4. stary dziat

stary dziat TS Member

I went to pfs stock and release trigger. Thought I had died and went to trapshooters' heaven!

5. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

which one is heavier? beretta 682x stock with 1" kick ez pad or pfs? thanks.

6. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I love mine, but it is not going to put a gorgeous wood stock out of business. I really drool when I see one of Devault's beautiful new stocks on this site. Makes me think about Canton in the spring time.

However, beauty is in the performance, and PFS does that in spades. Totally adjustable, zero recoil. I think the secret (after much trial and error of course) is get it dialed in and leave it alone. All the adjustments just get in the way of shooting, so set it correctly and go shoot.

7. finger

finger TS Member

Pinoyshooter. It depends. They can be the the same or different. Depends on which weight is on the PFS and what your other stock weighs. If you want them to weigh the same you can do that. You can also do different, your choice.

The PFS is butt ugly. Pretty does not break targets or eliminate recoil like the PFS tho. I tell everyone who asks I think mine is ugly. Then offer to let him/her shoot it. If they accept we usually have a PFS convert real quick. If I want pretty I can change back to the eye candy in 30 seconds. bob finger

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I love my PFS.

hoggy- Power Grip, rosin or other similar products used by golfers and bowlers can solve your slippery grip problem.

Hoosier Daddy- The Belleville washers in a PFS are not really springs, but they are springy.

Pat Ireland

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

well it is all on and it feels great, thanks for the imput and i am off to the club for a test drive. looks aren't that important, but trophys are.
    Thanks R A Scott

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I only wish I found the PFS sooner. It has done wonders for my scores, and I am not afraid of the gun anymore. I'm sure a custom wood stock would have worked just as well, but $3k+ wasn't in the cards for me, but I could swing $1300 for the same effect.

One thing i've noticed. Most people tend to start off very soft, then tighten the recoil reduction as they progress with the stock. Don't leave it at one setting, play around with it a little bit, you might like it a little tighter.

11. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Love it.

Same endorsement as everybody else - no recoil, total adjustability. Get it set and don't fool with it. Adjustments after inital setup can be really small so it is possible to get damn near perfect fit.

One thing to consider down the road is the comb upgrade - the ultimate fit comb (do thread search) is awesome - much more comfortable and more adjustable than the factory setup.

In fact I urge Vern to consider changing the factory model to incorporate the ultimte fit comb as standard. It is WAY better.

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Pat,
    I sold my beretta and PFS when I got my Krieghoff. My Krieghoff does not need a PSF like my Beretta did. I was just letting RAScott know what I found. The PFS is a great product and I didn't mean to knock it. Just didn't like the grip. It's nice of you to let RAScott know there's options to slippery grip besides gloves.

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

love it, Im a lefty, custom wood stock out of the question $$$$$, Problems comb could be a bit better. I personally will make a unit to replace factory comb. I most likely will make the palm swell larger also. I also agree That vern should just go to the ultimate fit as soon as possible.

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ANYONE have pics of the ultimate fit comb? Im sure many will ask what the differences are.

15. RAScott

RAScott Member

Well i shot it last nite and liked it. i shot singles. What a nice feel. My Berreta 682 is moody about the 2nd barrel firing sometimes. i had the triggers worked on @ coles and i will try it for doubles. has anyone had problems with the PFS for doubles.

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

The ultimate comb is a good idea for full faced shooters. For thinner faced shooters it does not seem to offer any advantages. Bob Schultz convinced me that I did not need one. Not every dealer would talk a customer out of buying something from them.

Pat Ireland

17. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

The above link will take you to a thread on the ultimate fit comb which includes pictures.

As for the PFS and doubles - well, my son shoots bunker and his PFS gives him no problems on the 2nd shot nor when he shoots american trap doubles. There is no muzzle jump so you can stay in the gun very well and move to the 2nd target smoothly and quickly.

BOOM.

Dead pair.

18. zinger

zinger Member

here's mine...try again

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I buy some powder from bowlingball.com that give a very good grip on the PFS stock, and my stock is painted with no checkering at all. It works better than gloves.

20. zinger

zinger Member

Fred, no it's right-handed. The area that is removed next to the upper rod in my grip was from years ago when I had a custom bracket made for the extra offset I needed to make it fit. With the newer style PFS and Ultimate Fit comb, I'm right where I need to be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.