1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS installed on Browning 525

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by vaguru, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaguru

vaguru Member

Long story short. I purchased a PFS for a Browning Citori to install on my Citori 525. When it arived, I found it didn't fit! Browning had changed the receiver where the stock meets. I called Vern Brown, and he verified my fears, he doesn't make a grip to fit the 525! I studied the differences between the two and decided that I could re-inlet the Citori grip to fit the 525. So.....about 11 hours later I had this. I really hope it is all worth the effort.

2. vaguru

vaguru Member

one more time

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

can you post a close up pic of where you had to do the re-inlet work? You may find some people on here who'd be willing to pay to have you fit one of the browning grips to the 525

4. vaguru

vaguru Member

skeetman,

I'll post pics of inlet job from all angles tomorrow. Need better light and have to turn in for the night. Check back tomorrow.

5. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Wouldn't it have been easier to buy a 425?

6. vaguru

vaguru Member

Here are the close up pics, sorry I don't know how to post all in the same reply. This was a used grip so it had some scarring before I started.

7. vaguru

vaguru Member

right side

8. vaguru

vaguru Member

left side

9. vaguru

vaguru Member

top view

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

not too bad. The little gap near the bottom (i'm guessing this is due to the way it was moulded) could easily be fixed with some acraglass from brownells. Hopefully mike (perazzibigbore) sees this thread shortly, he's the pfs king of ts.com (ask him to show you the pfs he fit to a single shot stevens LOL).

11. vaguru

vaguru Member

I was able to shoot this gun today for the first time with the PFS. I'm impressed! No noticable recoil regardless of load! Did I say "I'm IMPRESSED"!
    Great product!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.