1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS- how long until rebuild?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Approx how many rounds before the PFS needs to be sent back to have the washers re-stacked? My friend and I both have roughly the same amt of travel in our stocks, but his has noticeably more resistance than mine does, he just got his and i've probably put 15k on mine since 06.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

thanks mike, i'll give that a try.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Belleville washers can eventually fail. They do under high speed stamping presses. But, your name will be in the record book for most targets shot long before they fail in a PFS. The most common thing that results in a PFS requiring rebuilding is a shooter turning too many of the screws the wrong way and ending up with a pile of the washers on the floor. Other major problems with the stocks result from dropping the gun on the comb and carrying the PFS in an automobile trunk during a rear end accident. Also, exposing a PFS to salt water for long periods of time without cleaning it, will cause some internal rust. The molded components of a PFS may not hole up well in a house fire.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.