1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS How heavy?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CannonCocker, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CannonCocker

CannonCocker TS Member

I like what I hear about the PFS and can tolerate the looks because of the fit and function. How heavy is it? More importantly, and difficult to answer because of differing wood density, is it heavier than the wood stock it replaces?

I'm interested about what it does to the balance of the gun.

Does it fit any better on one manufactuer's shotguns than another? (I'm also researching my next O/U.)

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Dan. The PFS can be matched to what your stock weighs by changing the weights. It weigh about the same as an adverage stock. It is easy to adjust and don't don't think I would shoot now with out one now. I have had one since 2000 Grand. I have three of them now and I have never had a problem with any one of them. As far as witch gun fits best. I have had them on a Ljutic mono, Perazzi MX2000RS and a Citori. You can email me with more question if you would like. Hope this helps.
    Todd

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

CannonCocker, Todd is right. I have had mine on for a couple of months now, and I can't tell the weight from the wood stock that was on my Perazzi.

In fact it handles a bit better because there isn't anything you can't adjust to suit you.

Just don't get discouraged trying to get it set up. It does take some tweaking, but that is why this stock is so good. It is so easy to move it where you want it and where it is shooting where you are looking.

Once you get it where you want it, just enjoy.

Hauxfan!

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

Todd i think i saw you just before me at the 2000 Grand buy your Precision Fit Stock ,next best thing to sliced bread...vdt

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I thought I might need more weight in the butt end to balance the PFS the way I wanted..I made a third weight matching the original two together. Shortly after, I reduced it to the larger of the original weights and have since changed it once more to the smallest. Once you have it on your shoulder, balance weight is of no great importance. Just make it comfortable and you'll forget it's mounted on a 12 Ga.

Big Jack

6. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

Mine is actually lighter than my factory stock (with a Country Gentleman Adjustable Butt plate). That was the first thing I noticed is that it brought back the balance to my gun. Several other HUGE benefits include: recoil reduction, improved gun fit, and the ability to get the point of impact exactly where I want it.
    Buy one and I do not think you will ever go back to a regular stock.
    My friends tease me about how ugly it is, but my feeling on the subject is a pretty piece of wood doesn't help you break targets...

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.