1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS grips

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

What is the difference between PFS grips that are checkered vs current style with the wavy lines in place of the checkering? Any difference in size or palm swell etc? Thanks

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Yes. Different checkering designs indicate different generations, and each are built to a different feel and dimensions. Dunno which specific model you're referring to, but there are at least 3 different generations of Perazzi grips, 2 generations of Beretta grips, and 2 generations of Krieghoff grips (although w/ the krieghoff that may have just been the addition of the wavy lines).

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

First thing I did was grind those goofy wavy lines down.....

4. stuka

stuka Member

Will a PFS that fits a Perazzi TMX Special also fit an MX 2000?

5. skeet_man

Stuka- No, those grips don't interchange.

6. high 2

high 2 Member

Ian, I'm in the process of building walnut grips for a couple of guys here in Oklahoma. One is a Blaser and the other a K80. I had the pattern from a 1st generation PFS for the K80. This original grip worked great, but when installed on the latest PFS everything is higher. I've had to rework the inside to bring it down to stack the beads. Is there a differance between the old PFS and the newer version other than ability to cast on or off? The grip sure seems to say so. I don't have a first generation to compare to. Larry

7. skeet_man

As far as comb height, I've never had 2 together to compare against one another.

Please post pics of the grips when you get them done, I may be interested in a LH one for the Blaser at some point.

8. high 2

high 2 Member

Will do. The customers are shooting the State shoot this week, and I'll probably get them in a week or two. The owner of the Blaser said PFS doesnt offer a grip for the Blaser. I thought you shot a Kolar. Larry

9. skeet_man

I do shoot a kolar, but have been thinking on and off about a blaser for a few years now (am thinking I might be able to shoot a gun lighter than 11lb a little better for doubles). Only thing stopping me was the lack of a PFS grip (and the $ for the gun,,,LOL).

10. high 2

high 2 Member

Get the Blaser, I've got you covered on the grip. Are you going to the Pan Am this week?
    Larry

11. skeet_man

No Pan Am for me this year. Not planning on shooting stds b/c of the increase in tgt stds, so no real use in traveling too much. Only travel shoot I have planned so far is the Great Eastern, and that might be the only one I go out of state for this year. Increase in tgt stds really took the wind out of my sails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.