1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS GRIP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by THALL, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THALL

THALL Member

I have a question regarding modifying the PFS grip. I spoke with Vern about modifying the grip to fit my hand & he recommended using bondo to build the grip to my fit. Vern stated he does that on all of his grips. My question to y'all, have you ever done this? I am not familiar with using bondo (or any other material used in my issue) used for modifying / adjusting the grip. Is there a "mold" that could be used first to get the correct (most comfortable) grip adjustment? E-mail address is xxtim@hallholt.comxx (drop the x's). Thanks in advance. Tim Hall

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Kneadite.. a 2 part epoxt clay is what I use...

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

If you use bondo you will have to sand it down and build it up ontill it is right. Then you have to paint it so it will look good. To much work for me.
    Just get some moleskin from you drug store and use it. Cut what size you want and up it on. When you done you can cover it with black elect tape so it will look good. Now if you wanted to sell the grip just take off the tape and the moleskin and your back to a sellable grip. Thats just me but that what I would do.

4. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I reworked mine. I cut off the sharp pistol grip, then used bondo to build the palm swell and and curve of the grip. Mike Ricklefs in Webster City Iowa did the paint. Mark Mauch

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Tim,

There are several options. I have used bondo, moleskin, etc. There is not one better than the other. I recently picked up a used Perazzi MX series grip to resell. Someone had stuck that add on palm swell on to it. That option looks nice. I can send you a pic, if you would like to see it. Hope you are getting good service out of that Auto-Mate I sold you.

Matt - Woodson Ent.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I used plastic filler (bondo) to make my PFS fit my hand better. It works great. Take your time with a file and sand paper (wet) 150, 400, and 600 grit. A few coats of primer, then 600 grit again, keep using primer in three coat layers with 600 grit between until all the pin holes have been filled, then paint.

7. zinger

zinger Member

Mike's right, get Kneadite. No need to sand or prep. Will stick to anything. Custom your grip by putting on latex gloves and making finger grooves. Can buy at hobbyshop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to mold palm swell on pfs