1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS Grip slippery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mwmham, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwmham

mwmham Member

I put a new PFS on my K80 today and the grip is very slippery, it has no ribbing or checkering. I've wrapped a bit of black hockey tape on it for now so I can at least mount the gun with a decent grip on the palm and fingers.
    I have a PFS on my 682 that has checkering which I like. But the plastic on this K80 grip is really slick. What do I do to get it a less slck.
    On top of that will a stock guy that does checkering do a composite grip with no complaints?
    Will there be someone at the NSSA Masters shoot later this month that could do it onsite?

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

You might try the sandpaper type tape that they use for nonskid on stair treds etc. I have some on the front strap of a 45 and it is very satisfactory.

3. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

I have done many before and will checker your pfs grip for you if you cannot find someone to do it. Phil Simms (970) 523-9566

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

use a media blast cabinet and really easy sand, glass or plastic media from a distance will dull the surface and slightly roughen it.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I was thinking of getting one for my K-80 but I'm not spending $1,200 only to add tape, etc to it. The grip is a very important part of a Perfectly Fit Stock. Dave T.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Wear a golf glove. That's what I do..........

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

How much is checkering? Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.