1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS grip replacement?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Has anyone come up with a replacement wood grip for the PFS plastic hand grip? I know someone is selling cheek pieces, but has anyone seen a wood replacement for those ugly PFS grips?

Stockmakers, there is a potential market, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be interested in something to replace that plastic thing.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

there out there, but are 5x as much as the plastic grips (dawsons in OH will make you wood furniture, 1k for a grip and 400 for the comb).

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Stocker John Fitinger, Portland, OR. will make them for any gun. No one, including Dawson's would make one for my DT 10. John made two for me (2 guns). They are beautiful, get many positive comments and fit like a glove. I have about 2K in each stock, including the PFS, but a "Stock Loc" is over 4K...so, if you want it "geterdone".

JON

4. Cat Fish

Cat Fish Member

James Olivant of Long Island NY makes wood grip replacments in asddition to compleste stocks.

He can be reached via email @ polesandstocks.com or phone 613-648-8289.

He's building one for me. Hope to have it before Christmas.

Nice selection of wood too.

Bill

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

PerazziBigBore: How does one get his grip painted American Walnut to match the forend?

I think I'll just make one myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.