1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS for doubles?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BULLDOG71, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BULLDOG71

BULLDOG71 TS Member

I am currently considering the use of a PFS stock on a Beretta to be my primary gun for ATA doubles and possibly international doubles at some later date.

Any feedback , positive or negative, would be helpful. Especially in the area of recovery for the second shot.

2. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Wondering the same thing. Matt

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Never a problem as long as you take the time to set it up the first time.Read the manual ,set it up to you and have a ball!......Don

4. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I love PFS stocks but I shoot a double release trigger for doubles. The combination of a PFS and a double release trigger is a whole lot of stuff going on at the same time--can be confusing. I shoot the PFS for singles and caps but use a std stocked K-80 for doubles.............SMOKIT

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Active Member

I had the same concern with recovery time except for skeet doubles and Sporting. I do very little trap doubles so can’t address the issue directly. What I found was recover time is actually faster with the PFS for me, I was ready for the second shot before my mind was used to the sight picture. Didn’t take long to move the break point closer to the house though. Absolutely love the thing, like ks5shooter said take your time to set it up. Also the addition of the wood comb from VDT is well worth it IMO.

6. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Although I believe it's one of the best recoil reductions systems available I could not get used to it for doubles. I set mine up to be very stiff or compressed. While shooting doubles it always seemed to be moving on the second shot as if it would colapse and I would hold it in until firing on the second target.

Shoot well,

Jim

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Mine reacts just fine in doubles, sporting clays and other second shot events such as continental. Just have to tighten the recoil mechinism up. When I 1st got mine I had it set way too soft and the trigger guard would come back and smack my finger hurting my hand. After tightening it up, that all stopped. My only real complaint any more is it's a bit slippery and I now have to wear a clove. I'm starting to get used to that now. Mines for a Beretta and has wavy lines on the grip. I definately would have perfered checkering.

8. 65614

65614 TS Member

How do I contact VDT and any other company that sells wood combs for a PFS.

Thanks,

Ronnie

9. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

VDT's email: mx3cvt@skylinc.net
    I also paint PFS stocks, so if u want a color job done on existing parts let me know. Matt

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Oh! Thanks PerazziBigBore. I never thought of that.

11. 65614

65614 TS Member

Thanks sglfr45.

Ronnie

12. zinger

zinger Member

Mine's painted and I use a piece of rubber (I think it was one of those rubber pieces you buy to stick over your comb?) but I've also used tennis racket grip rubber to keep my hand from sliding. I don't recommend checkering the plastic as I believe it would be really sharp and uncomfortable. Try the tape.

13. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I do not like a stock that is moving around. I have enough problems. But I have been beaten by people that do not have a problem with it - so it is just an opinion survey really and there is no correct response.

14. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

PerazziBigBore - there is always another question. The poster asked for plus or minus comments. I think a new PFS costs thirteen hundred bucks. With a wood stock, how much for an adjustable comb, adjustable buttplate, and recoil reducer? Or how much for a custom fit stock out of Canton Ohio? The PFS devices are not very pretty and they are not very cheap either. I was told (but do not know) that the pitch on a PFS cannot be altered. At any rate, I see alternatives that cost less and look better. Again - just my opinion. I do not own one of these stocks (PFS), but I do have adjustable butt plates and combs on my competition guns.

15. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I changed the pitch on mine . Just like any stock I got a shim under the recoil pad and shortend the stock to fit.

Hi Mike --- KEYBEAR

16. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

pros and cons vs a Soft touch?? Soft touch are $1,200+/-. What is recovery time on the Soft touch?

17. BULLDOG71

BULLDOG71 TS Member

UP , ONE MORE TIME

18. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

bulldog71 - are you a PFS salesman? The recovery time of solid wood is zero. The recovery time of anything that moves is something greater than that. And as the gun "recovers", did the stock twist just a bit, or did all that compression and release movement shift your head position just a bit? If you can shoot solid wood that has an adjustable comb and buttplate, stick with it - if you need additional recoil reduction there are choices and PFS has to be on the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pfs stock and doubles