1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS for BT-99

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by NANK, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NANK

NANK TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking at putting a PFS on my BT-99. Pro's/ Con's? Doing it for the ability to get propper fit, not just for recoil reduction.

Anyone have one they want to sell?

Thanks for the help,

Ken Nankivell

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

It costs more than the gun. Maybe a different gun is in order. Try some other factory stocks like Berettas, those might fit you better without buying a PFS.

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

If you like your 99 by all means put a PFS on it.....why change? You have a gun that you like, just want to control recoil, don't we all? Good Luck in your search.

4. NANK

NANK TS Member

0   0   0

I have just been shooting for a year now. Joined ATA last month and shot my first registered targets. 92 average at singles, 91 at the 20 for handicap, no doubles yet.

I like the BT-99, was looking at upgraded guns, but can not justify the price just yet.My thought process is, I have a $1200.00 BT, and if I add a $1200.00 stock, that I can make fit perfect, I may not need to spend $5000.00+ for a new gun.

If I do, at some point in the future, want a better gun, I will be able to get most of my money back from the BT/PFS gun.

I do appreciate your views.

Ken

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I don't necessarily believe you need to spend $1200 on a PFS just to get a good fit for any gun. From what I have seen, read and talked to people it is for recoil reduction more than the adjustability. An adjustable comb and a Graco butt plate (or the like) would be the necessary equipment to get that gun to properly fit you.

Bryan

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ken, Alot of shooters do like the PFS. Not only is it one of the best recoil reducers currently on the market, you also get the added bonus of total adjustabity for no extra cost. Now unlike you spending $400-$500 for a adj. comb and adj. butt plate that you will never get back more than say $100 at best for with no recoil reduction. Look around for a used PFS on this site and one or two others around as well if you like. YOu can always buy one with a different grip and then just sell the grip off or trade for the BT-99 grip. Just depends on how long you want to spend and how fast you want the system.Good luch and Breake-em all. Jeff

7. epmn

epmn TS Member

0   0   0

I have a PFS on a BT99. I put it on for the adjustment as opposed to the recoil reduction. I put the used unit I bought for $800 unit on a gun I bought for $650. The adjustability is hard to beat. As far as sunk costs are concerned I am pretty sure that I can get the money back out of either the gun or the stock if I was inclined to sell them.

Joel

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

I shoot better with a BT99 than any other gun I have ever owned and that includes several Ljutics, Berettas, Krieghoffs and Perazzis. I just can't justify owning a 5000 to 10,000 dollar gun when I can shoot a 1,000 dollar gun better. That is just me. Your mileage might vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.