1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS for BT-99 - nutz or not?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

Bought the BT (new-style) in Aug. after 35yr. layoff from trap. Now have over 8000 rounds thru her. LOVE this gun. Past week barrel weight mounted and makes nice difference in swing and follow thru. Gracoil LP and adj. comb from Browning. Still not totally happy with height of gun mount. Out of buttplate adjustment heightwise and POI is right where I want it with the comb adjusted.

I don't think I'll ever be able to, in good conscience/practicality or reality for that matter, spend the $$ for a K or P gun. In my dreams. The PD pension is not going so far anymore these days. But I might be able to put together the $1300 for the PFS. The stock costs what I paid for the gun new. But want to squeeze every ounce out of this baby that I can. Know what I mean? Thinking it will help me though. Worth it?

Question: Is the unit is transferable to another gun, say an XT, with just a pistol grip change?

What a happy obsession this sport has become....hahaha.

(btw: tried searching forum for PFS but think the search feature kept freezing up.

Thanks in advance, guys.
    Bill Stengel

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

Bill yes your right just a pistol grip change,and your P.F.S. is working on another gun,it is the next thing to sliced bread,do not worry about $$$$$$ spent, you have the best gun money can be spent on for what you have payed....vdt

3. Billster

Billster TS Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Just might be one in the near future.

Cheers
    Bill

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

Bill
    I think the BT with a PFS will be a great set up. The BT is one of the best trap guns on the market and the PFS will take away all the recoil and best of all make it fit you like it was made for you. I think that you will be very pleased and not regret it at all. If you do decide to change later on you can get another grip and are good to go on your next gun. If you also add a Keensights adjustable rib you would have a gun that is about equal to a KX5 for less money and if you want to get rid of it you can take off the rib and PFS and sell them or put them on another gun.
    Good luck

5. dcan67

dcan67 TS Member

Hi I have a PFS on my BT-99 but it is one of the early years of production.
    I love this setup my shoulders are messed up bad and it is allowing me to continue shooting.
    Go ahead if you want to change it is but a diferent grip as noted above.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.