1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS & doubles ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Been starting to shoot doubles. Got a used 682 Gold E & put a PFS on it. Started off with release/release & just went to release/pull. Now how to disable the recoil functiuon of the PFS,because I think the recoil function is causing me to get out of the gun on the second shot. I got the PFS more for gun fit,not recoil reduction. If I ever get OK to good at doubles then I'll get a high end o/u & have a custom stock made. I'm living with my training wheels for now.

Phil Berkowitz

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phil- For me, the PFS is great for doubles. The cheek piece does not move when the gun is shot. You could tighten th screw that compresses the washers to reduce the movement, but my suggestion would be to grip the gun tighter and just stay on the cheek piece.

For me, also going to a release pull trigger would be going to a release flinch. But, not everyone is the same.

Pat Ireland

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

You can tighten the adjustment ring on the washer tube to tighten the washers. The more you tighten, the less rearward travel and the less recoil reduction there is.

I must say I had difficulty with the PFS I used for doubles. At the factory setting, the gun was moving forward as I was moving on the second target. It was most disconcerting. You can compress the springs so much there is no movement if you wish.

4. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

I have found that to hold a very light cheek,or in other words,I do not apply heavy pressure to the cheek piece. I found that allows me to NOT fight the gun. It is much more of a pleasure to shoot,and I do not bounce around in shooting doubles.
    Just my way or opinion.
    GAZ

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

On a PFS.. and doubles.. you walk a fine line adjusting compression and recoil reduction.. properly adjusted..I can shoot doubles better with my PFS..than a fixed stock.. It has proven to work well on bunker.. where the 2nd shot..if you need it.. is fractions of a second later.. But.. to each his own..

6. farm boy 49

farm boy 49 TS Member

I've found a 1 oz load on the first shot works well with the pfs.

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

EE-I though I made it clear, I bought the PFS for gun fit. $750/$850.00 for a used PFS was alot cheaper than $3500./ for a custom stock on a gun that I'm not married to. Fit was the issue for me not recoil.

Phil Berkowitz

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

i to have gone to double release ,and yes i am coming off the gun ,so i have made up at tool to stop my P.F.S. from moving .it goes in the threaded hole in the stock end of our stock where the weight would go then it is exstended to stop at the front on the mounting block of the P.F.S.,lock it up ,now no movement and when i take it out i am back to my old settings,when i get home from club today will put up pictures of it ....vdt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.