1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS differences "old style " vs " new style"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by njwoodworker, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

I am interested in getting a pfs for a "try stock". There are old an new styles here for sale but as with most guns and shooting stuff they are for right handed shooters. Are both styles suitable for either right or left applications? Are there many parts to change and are they readily available?
    Dan Gill
    908-448-6820

2. doberman37

doberman37 Member

PFS differences

Yes the old and new will work for both right and left hand shooters. The new will allow the cheek piece to move over a little more. The only thing you have to change to go from left to right is the cheek piece.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

PFS differences

incorrect, the "old style" stocks (large top rod) are RH or LH ONLY, they are not switchable from side to side. The "new style" (small top rod) can be switched from RH to LH, or vice versa, but you'll need to swap the grip and comb out. A switch from one side to the other may require a trip back to the factory, I tried to remove the large allen screw that holds the top rod in place one day on mine just to see if I could, and whatever locktite or epoxy thats used to hold it in place couldn't be moved with the tools i had available.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

PFS differences

Ian is the closest and wins this contest.. But now I'll tell you.. yes.. the newer model is fully convertable from left to right..and as Ian said..you'll need a new grip and comb..

The old model can be switched from left to right by changing the comb and the grip.. BUT you will have VERY little offset.. It will ONLY work with a small thin face.. as youngsters and girls usually have.. Combined with a VDT comb.. that was my setup on my Seitz.. It's rock solid but with little offset adjustment.. In my case.. the comb was resting on the assembly..and could not move.. It felt real good..

All Good.. Mike BTW.. if you are looking for a try-stock.. Only consider the new one..it will do EVERYTHING..

BTW.. the plug on the end piece that fits into the grip is to lock the top rod assembly..To take it loose.. a good hard allen wrench.. a vise and a 2 foot piece of pipe..made it easy.. The first time.. you will not do it with your hand.. It needs to come loose so you can flip the comb bracket over and backwards.. depending on your comb height.. The instructions are in the book for flipping the top bracket over for higher and lower comb height..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.