1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PFS BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike680, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike680

mike680 Member

I'm thinking of of putting a pfs on my bt-99 plus, does anyone shoot a BT with one? Your thoughts good and bad..
    Thanks Mike

2. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I have a PFS stock on my BT 99 Plus and all I did was cut the tang to the length of the inlet of the grip and then rounded the edge and bent it up a little so it put pressure on the frame of the gun. It fits nice and neat and it doesn't move unless I pull it down and move it out of the inletted area in order to remove the trigger guard. I have also heard that you can have a gunsmith take an later model trigger guard and drill a hole in the frame of the gun and then you can secure the guard with a machine screw.

George Ware

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of PFS's that I move around from gun to gun and have had them on my early BT along with my other guns. The PFS is great product doing a very, very good job of reducing felt recoil and has the added advantage of total adjustment to fit just about everyone.

In terms of adjustment, a lot of guy's aren't willing to spend time tweaking the stock to get it dialed in and walk away in frusration. If you're willing to take the time along with a call or two to Vern at the plant you can make a PFS the sweetest thing you ever laid your hands on.

My BT is a early long tang trigger guard, I elected not to cut the tang opting to go with a Citori trigger guard from Brownell's which is threaded at the front of the guard the same as the long tang. The Citori guard has a small stud at the rear requiring a small hole to be drilled in the bottom of the receiver and a smaller hole cross drilled to press in a roll pin to hold the stud in place.If you have a drill press and decent hands, you can do the the modifications. I can post pictures if you like.

From my view, I can't say enough good things about the PFS, they are a great product and well worth the money. If you elect to buy used, look for a later generation with the 1/4" rod, these have a wider range of adjustments and are lighter than earlier models.

Surfer

4. mike680

mike680 Member

My BT is a long tang so I have to take that into consideration. Thanks for the input gentleman.
    Mike

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Mike680, If you want to take the time, you can inlet the tang on the PFS grip just like it is on the wooden factory stock. I saw a BT where the owner had done this using a knife and Dremel tool. It's just another approach dealing with the long tang and the PFS grip.

Surfer

6. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Like dead on 4, i move my PFS from gun to gun and one of them is a bt99.no problem. the only complaint i have is i have a bt100 but they dint make a grip for it.must be a good reason.if you get a pfs get the ultimate comb.great improvement.worth the extra money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.